UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have had our first dog for about a week , he's a Chinese crested powder puff boy 9weeks old :) , so far he's doing really well at toilet training , we're crate training him and we take him outside every hour or so
I just wondered how long it you would say it took until your dog was fully toilet trained ?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
8 weeks it took us to be totally no accidents, i know many people do it quicker but i was fine with this time scale.

Oh pictures of your puppy are a must please!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah that's not too long :) , im not expecting it to happen overnight or anything lol heres a pic of him , his name is scruffy-dog :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oscar was toilet trained completely by about 4 months, just about the time we got Maisie and had to start from scratch with her :rolleyes:
She's still having the odd accident, but we are getting there :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Sam has been reliably clean and asking to go out from around 6 months old, he was fine during the day before this but would often forget himself in the evening just before going to bed.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flint was completely clean in about 2 weeks
Simba in about 8 weeks
Gemma in about 8 weeks
I hope Nala will be quick..who decided to get a puppy in winter?! :rolleyes:
lol we found this worked to our advantage cus our pup hates the cold so once he'd learned that doing a wee means going back inside he was pretty quick about it :p

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
We're going through toilet training with Rosie, she cries when she needs to wee. We have 2 pads out (one by the back door and one in the living room for emergancies)she prefers the garden but if we don't make it in time for her (my mum is nearly 70 so when I'm in work she can't run as fast lol) she uses the pad.... only thing is her paws are on the pad and her bum hangs over

PS: What a cute little pup you have :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.