Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy To Dog Training Guide 101

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Justin Bile, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Justin Bile

Justin Bile PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

I am looking to introduce Dog Training guide for newbies who get them selves a puppy but don't know how to train and look after it.

So, the idea came to mind, I know there are 100's of guide online but how many of them are made with real personal experience not sure, would you agree?

Now that you agree somewhat with what I am saying, Let's create a guide together that will help anyone to train a puppy till it becomes a grown up dog.

Any ideas, any issues that we come across in our day to day life taking care of our little ones would help.

This guide once ready will be published online on Koaas to help others.

Your contribution will be cited on the guide with reference to your choice of website,forum, blog or link

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

There’s so many different opinions when it comes to dog training and puppy raising. Who decides what knowledge is ‘correct’ for your book? If I say that the best way to toilet train a puppy is by shoving its nose in its own mess, are you going to use that in your book? What if I say that dogs should never be fed kibble and you should only give your puppy raw food - will you include that? What if I say dogs should never be allowed on the sofa? What if I say your puppy should always sleep in your room? And what if the next poster comes and says exactly the opposite to what I just said?

Twiggy, O2.0, Ian246 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Member

I'd say pretty much all of them are "made [sic] with real personal experience" - just go to your local library and take a look at what's available (or look at Amazon). So, no, I wouldn't agree

Sairy, niamh123 and lullabydream like this.
  4. Justin Bile

Thank you Mckenzie, I feel less positive thoughts here. Are you saying if there were 100 teachers in one school all should only teach one way the same subject knowing its not helping the students. How you or someone perceive the information is up to them, it surely should not mean that we stop thinking better ways of doing things. At least i don't feel like going to future knowing that I could have changed the past. don't know about you. I hope this answers your negative approach. We are a part of community to change it for the better not for worse. And your examples aren't really helping otherwise.

Additionally if you don't feel like helping someone or you think you are unable to at least don't discourage them.

5. Justin Bile

Sure Ian, Thank you for your input

6. O2.0

O2.0 PetForums VIP

Linda Weasel likes this.
  7. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Have you heard the saying that the only thing two dog trainers agree on, is that a third one is wrong!

Ian246 and lullabydream like this.
  8. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Ok, well you’ve got my contributions then, I look forward to seeing them in your book.

9. Ian246

Ian246 PetForums Member

Didn’t you ask for opinions? Or did I misunderstand? McKenzie gave you some opinions, but it seems you’re all offended...because they don’t fit with your ‘initiative’? If all you wanted was folks to say “brilliant idea”, if all you wanted was folks to encourage you, you shouldn’t really have asked for our thoughts.
    Essentially, you’re giving the impression that you’re offering something radical, when really you’re not. But good luck with it anyway.

10. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Well, to be fair my suggestions were intended to make a point, but my point still stands! It’s a poorly thought out idea!

Burrowzig likes this.
  11. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

‘How many of them are made with real personal experience ‘ ?

Probably all of them.

Sairy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice