Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

puppy to adult.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sarybeagle, Mar 27, 2011.

1. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

At what age does a puppy become a dog?

I keep thinking when Bella is 2yrs old I'll stop saying puppy, but shes quite a bit bigger now, although at training she is still the smallest even though they are younger :D

So yes what do you class as a puppy and a adult?

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I class two as being adult as that is when most dogs become sexually mature.

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

My dog is nearly 3 and I would say he is an adult.
    However we do call him 'puppy' as a nickname and I think it will stick for life lol.

4. bingblazenskyla

bingblazenskyla PetForums Member

guess it depends on the dog - i still call my 12/13 year old dog a puppy cuz he still acts like 1

5. SixStar

SixStar Banned

I say once a dog reaches 2, they technically stop being a pup. Although my dogs are 10 months, 3.5 years, 7 years and 8 years, and I still call them all pups. When talking to my husband and refering to the dogs I'll say ''just going to walk/feed/groom the puppies'' etc. Well, they'll always be my babies :eek:

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I think a Briard matures a round 2 years old as they are large dogs, smaller ones seem to mature at an earlier age.

Dillon is 14 months old and is big enough to put his head on the table, so when we are out and I say his still a puppy I get some very strange looks.:D :D

7. Souris

Souris PetForums Senior

Pixel's six months old now, and whilst I'd say he's just about fully grown (height wise), he still has quite a bit of filling out to go before he becomes an adult. But, he has started to 'look' like an adult now: it's quite strange really to think that only two months ago he had a shorter puppy nose and more puppy features. He's grown so quickly in himself, he seems to be becoming more mature by the day, his face has certainly changed recently, he was quite foxy as a puppy and now he looks more like an adult dog.

I'd still call him a puppy, but I'd say by a year he'll be an adult dog, at least physically. Mentally- we shall have to see in time! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice