Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy settling down

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dickybirdclocks, Apr 13, 2011.

1. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

Now 11 weeks old Ben the Ridgeback although quite cheeky and at times very lively has settled .More often than not sleeps through the night without a sound .He still bites quite a bit but not in a nasty way . My other half and i love him more as each day goes by and kiss him probably far too much .We did make a mistake of allowing him on the sofas to sleep for his first couple of weeks untill realising it probably wasn't a good idea ,we now have the job of training him to refrain from using sofas and to use his own places even buying him a memory foam mat that he likes to fight with.

2. rona

rona Guest

You are lucky to have a pup settle that quickly. :)
    Bet the settee is used constantly by 1 year old ;)

3. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

I dont think i will mind dog using couch once he is more trained - i just need him to know that he needs to get down if requested ,i suppose it would be better if dog stayed off sofas especially as this one will grow to a fair old size .I got 2 new beds at weekend both dog whisperer brand and very high quality the large mat one is memory foam and are expensive , i paid £20 for the pair at a Sunday market dont think the bloke had a clue how much they should have sold for .Dog seems to go daft with them both at times scratching them like mad before settling and looking very relaxed .

4. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

Oh dear - have I gone wrong then, allowing my crew (5 RRs) on the furniture ;)

5. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

I'm naughty and let my cavie on the sofa, well she's on my lap most the time when I am on the sofa! I'm glad your puppy has settled down, mine has gone the other way as she is not sleeping as much she is having much more hypo sessions during the day!

6. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Ohhhhhhhh....sleeps through the night, I remember that :blink:
    How lucky are you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice