Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Scam-

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mizz_caitlin_stewart, Jul 28, 2009.

1. mizz_caitlin_stewart

mizz_caitlin_stewart PetForums Newbie

i emailed a man called Raul Aven because he had a ad on the internet advertising pugs for sale in aberdeen. so i emailed: heya, saw your ad . how much are the puppies and are they pedigree and do they come with kc and health papers.

Raul: thanks for emailing due to circumstances of my daughter pasing away the pups are free..but must make sure they are took care of.
    -do you have kids?
    -do you live in a friendly enviroment
    -do you have a vet docter?
    - whats your address so i can send the courier over with the pup you want? £200 charge for delivery, bank details? my number: 01334 XXXXX

me: [ called him but he had different accent, hard to make out] ( i answered all the questions_) sorry to hear of your loss. i could drive down to aberdeen as it is not far from my house. so no need for courier. thanks/. can i have your adress so i can put it in sat nav? i do not give bank details over the internet.

raul: due to my nature of work it is hard to get time off. so use courier, bank details? address?

i just ignored him, cause thot it was scam.
    anyone else heard of him?

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Google all his details see what comes up ;)

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

sounds like a scam, sadly there are alot about,you know what they say, if it sounds to good to be true, ...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) ;)

4. mizz_caitlin_stewart

yeaa, i did google it.but never heard of him :(

5. rottiesloveragdolls

it is such a shame as some people are still gulable enough to send what they ask for :( they clean their bank accounts out and you have no pet at the end of it either :mad:

6. Domoniques

Domoniques PetForums Senior

Hi
    He did the same scam re sphinx kittens , I in the end said I would have to see the kittens before I parted with any cash .strange never heard from him lol:eek:ut:

7. davehyde

davehyde Banned

very common on gumtree round here.

i like to play them along and messs them about.

8. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

I too like leading them on, then in the end tell them how it is lmao...:D

9. mizz_caitlin_stewart

yeahh, gumtree is were i found the ad. xx

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

LOL thats the most obvious scam in the world!

it's silly how people fall for them - I suppose it's the sympathy factor because of his daughters (fake) death, people don't think anyone would lie about that and most wouldn't dare to question it :(

However I don't think there's any excuse for giving out your bank details to a stranger, that is extremely odd!!

11. ribbons

ribbons PetForums Junior

Sounds very dodgy...

Perhaps another puppy farmer

12. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Very dodgy and frustrating. I wouldn't go near Gumtree if I wanted to buy a pet. I still find it hard to believe people actually fall for them.

13. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Funny this should be on here. i had a "friend" email me to say that she had the opportunity of a pug free to a good home. She said it was 12 weeks old and the wife was pregnant and having to move to aberdeen so wanted to rehome.

I instantly said to her that i had never heard of a pug free to a good home where did you see the ad or hear about it.She said Gumtree!!

She said it cant be a scam as it is free. I told her to wait for the next email which would ask for transport costs, scam!

She got that and responded with this is a scam.

she has since received 3 bible passages from the guy?!?!?! :eek:ut:

A common scam :mad:

14. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

People who accept mailorder puppies deserve to be scammed. :p

15. davehyde

davehyde Banned

there are no puppies tho. all they want is the fictious courier money.

and it always seems to be aberdeen lol. and a dead wife/daughter/mother.

his job has taken him to aberdeen etc ad nauseam.

the first one i seen was 2 chi's with all papers etc.

then a GR pup

all on gumtree, which is one of the biggest scam places going.

i love it when ppl try to scam me, a little detective work online and once you have their ip addy they are fair game for all lmao.

send him a nasty little virus, there are places that you can obtain these as a bit of revenge or just to teach a lesson.

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Definitely a scam. I wonder how many people have fallen into traps like this?

It seems obvious but if you don't know what to look for it's very hard to realise what's a scam and what isn't.

It's also hard to get your head around the fact that there are people in this world who get pleasure out of doing these things!

17. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

I wound a scammer up a few days ago lol i knew what he was up to.

18. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

Something similiar happened to me twice while I was looking for Alaskan Klee Kai pups. The first guy seemed really nice, asked me the right types of questions etc. Then when it came around to costs, he said it would cost £150 for the pup & then whatever the courier costs were, can't remember now. But I said to him that I would be in the UK the following week & would it be better if I collected the pup. Then he started saying stuff like, no, it would be better if I got it couriered & could I send him my address so that he could give it to the courier company to ship the dog the next day, then I could pay the courier when I got the pup. Probably would have been a stuffed teddy!!!!!!
    Something similiar happened the second time, only the woman had pics & all. She said that she was currently in another part of the UK looking after her sick gran. So, we discussed prices etc & she said she could ship the pup over the following day. I told her I would rather pick the pup up as I would be in the UK the following week & she changed her story to say that her & her family were leaving for South Africa the following day & that she had to ship the pup off then.
    Total a***holes!!!:cursing:

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Definitely a scam if the pup would have only cost £150 :eek:

It's amazing what stories they invent up :rolleyes:

20. davehyde

davehyde Banned

i have a purebred saluki pup for sale for the price of 3 pints of beer in last orders.

my wife has run off with the gas man and they wont let dogs in the pub.

please send me £300.00 for the postage and i promise to wrap him up well and stamp him fragile.

p.s. dont forget the 5.00 for the beer as well.

thats what they may as well type tho they are so transparent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice