Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy raw feeding

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Rainchild, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Rainchild

Rainchild PetForums Junior

My new pup is 11 weeks old and the breeder had pups fed on pedigree chum dried food. My older dog is fed raw, so I gave her one day an moved her over to raw too. It went really well. I gave her mashed cooked veg for two meals to let the kibble clear her system, then mixed in raw chicken an tripe mince for 3 days. She had a finger nail size slice of chicken liver in yesterday and all good so far. So she is on raw mince, an cooked veg mix , with a tiny bit of liver as I ease her in at the moment an day 3 we have good solid poo still. She loves her food so much it's a sight for sore eyes to see how excited she is about it. I am confident with raw feeding as my ol dog is fed this way.
    It's very comforting to know exactly what goodness is going into my pup and more importantly to know what is not going into her.
    Next week some lamb mince , and a lamb bone to chew on as I introduce different proteins Into her diet. It's satisfying to be in control an give her the best start from scratch. No guessing games,I know she will be growing up on the best nutrition .I know she will love eggs, fish ,kidney, beef, turkey and I can watch each step as she moves on with it. :)

2. Rainchild

Rainchild PetForums Junior

Second protein was Pilchard , just a third size chunk off a small one. she is so excited about her grub! It's a joy to watch as she tries out a new tastes :D all poo is still good .

I aim to feed oily fish twice a week with this pup as a ideal for the omega 3 and the oils for her coat and joints. My ol boy loves his twice a week fish days. My ol boy is nearly 11 an he can't tolerate Kibble. On raw he still has a lean, fit figure with a trim waist , bags of energy, his coat gleams with health an he doesn't smell doggy at all!

Next week I will try my pup on Rabbit mince as a 3rd protein. I am looking forward to seeing the look on her face as she comes across something new. :)

Rainchild

#2 Rainchild, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice