Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy - Pooping and Stones

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Marzia, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Marzia

Marzia PetForums Newbie

Hello, I hope everyone is well. I had a quick question if that is okay. My pup is a spaniel, so it’s constantly foraging. We take her to pee or poop every half an hour or so. When she’s outside off the lead, she eats stones. We distract her with a toy and she then thinks we are playing. We put her on the lead and stand still, just saying wee wee or poop etc but then she pulls and we don’t want her to have a negative association with the lead. We stay outside for about ten minutes and then we come in. She then goes on the floor by the door. Is there anything we can do? I don’t want her to eat stones but I know she needs to learn to go outside

2. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Hi

The solution is so simple, you will be kicking yourself that you didnt think of it:

Get some puppy pen panels and secure them in your outdoor area to make a little enclosed space for your puppy to do the toilet.

Then simply pop pup in for toilet breaks no lead needed. And obviously remove all stones from the ground within the enclosed area. Hope that solves it for you:)

Boxer123, Burrowzig and DanWalkersmum like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice