Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

puppy pics

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by emmakeo, Jul 26, 2009.

1. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

ok going to try this properly now have them on somewhere but not sure they are showing they are about a week old in these and they are 3/4 neapolitan mastiff 1/4 dogue de bordeau and i was told they are blue murl what do you guys think also any advice on how to sell them and how much we don`t have a clueCurrent Attachments (172.7 KB)
    whole camera - Wednesday 15 July 2009 283.jpg (73.1 KB)
    whole camera - Wednesday 15 July 2009 285.jpg (99.6 KB)

Attached Files:

2. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

doe`s no one like the pups

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Ahh bless...so cute.....Lovely pics. :D

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I think the pups are adorable. I would have one in heartbeat.

Did you plan this breeding?? What is mum and dad??

5. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

They are very cute! :D

6. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

yes the breeding was planed the dad is a full neapolitan mastiff and mum is 1/2 neapolitan mastiff 1/2 dogue de bordeau both very friendly dogs with lovely natures

7. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I so want one :( lol!! Really very very cute!

8. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Lovely pups :) Love their colouring :)

9. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

i am glad every1 likes them they are cute they still had there eyes closed when i saw them last god knows what they look like now lol the mums owner is brill he has been sleeping down stairs with them and he is so tired he was really happy the other day because he managed 3 hours sleep oh the joy of puppys

10. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I love their colour <3

11. Nicci

Nicci Guest

These could actually be sold as 'Bandogs' won't make the price of them any higher, I'd be really careful who you sell to ;)

12. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

i have never heard of a bandog could you tell me some more please

13. Nicci

Nicci Guest

A Bandog is normally a Neapolitan crossed with any other Mastiff breed or Bull Breed.
    Here is the information :)

Bandog Mastiffs

14. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

thanks we will be extra careful as these dogs will be sold to pet homes only

15. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Also draw up contracts. Stating they must be spayed/neutered. Because in the wrong hands they could fall victim to someone wanting a cash cow.

Have they all got homes to go to?
    x

16. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Unfortunately a contract with these kind of dogs would hold no water, there is no registering body, no pedigree paperwork, nothing. When monies has exchanged hands for these puppies, they are no longer owned by the person that has sold them, so unfortunately in this case contract would be of no use.

Of course they may well sort the wheat from the chaff but a contract on a crossbreed would not prevent anyone from breeding from it if they saw fit.

The only sound advice I have to offer is to ensure all those puppies leave the breeder chipped without the new owner having any details of that chip (DONT hand the microchip paperwork over, DON'T tell puppy buyers they are chipped) should one of these pups get loose, or dumped, they would automatically be returned to the breeder, or worse case senario IF they ended up in rescue, I would hope at least they would be scanned and the breeder contacted, how many rescues have the policy to scan dogs as they come in from people though I don't know.

17. emmakeo

emmakeo PetForums Member

that is a great idea thanks you

18. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I think you might find a legal requirement issue there though. If i was buying the puppy i would ask (obviously) if the pup was chipped. If the answer was 'no' then i would get the pup chipped myself and my vets always scan first.
    Either way 'yes' or 'no' i wouldn't buy a pup without ALL medical history on paper.

19. Nicci

Nicci Guest

There is nothing illegal regarding a breeder chipping their puppies and not passing the details on, I know an awful lot of breeders that do this - obviously if this didn't sit comfortable with you when your vet scanned and found the chip there you would obviously have to take it up with the breeder, who would explain why it's been done. These days any decent breeder who wanted to safeguard puppies of this kind, would do this.

Obviously these puppies as I said in a previous post, have no papers of any kind so obviously no way of endorsing, a contract would hold no water so in my eyes that is the only solution of safeguarding a dog of this kind, it's not going to stop people breeding them, but it is for certain a surefire way of getting them back should they be dumped, get loose or perhaps end up in rescue.

#19 Nicci, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
  20. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Would you buy a pup for lets just say £400 then you take him/her to the vets, as you would normally do on getting a pup, only to find the pup already has a chip and on the breeders name???? Would you change it over?? I am pretty sure most if not all people would. Therefore it would end up pointless on the breeders part.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice