Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy nipping and barking but wont take toys?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by martiannova, Nov 12, 2019.

1. martiannova

martiannova PetForums Newbie

My 11 week old puppy finished his battle with parvo a week ago and is back to his usual endless supply of energy. Ive been trying to expend it best I can in an apartment (as he cant be out on walks due to age/contagion risk). But he's developed a concerning habit of barking and nipping at my hands in frustration. He wont redirect to toys, leaps at my face, and bites my hands quite hard. I firmly correct him by cupping his chin and saying no, or ending play when he gets too worked up, but that leaves us both frustrated! I dont know if its aggression or just puppy play (he will flip on his back and isnt too stiff) but it worries me nonetheless and still leaves me no way to get his energy out. Has anyone dealt with this? How do i get him to exercise and play with toys rather than him ignoring them and biting me?

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Sounds like normal puppy behaviour and cupping his chin and saying no won’t help.

Leaving the room and ending play should eventually teach him bring rough with you ends the game.

Puppies get tired and turn into demons so ensure he isn’t getting over tired or over stimulated.

Look at kikopup, positively.com and thecanineconsultants.co.uk for tips on training and dog psyche.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice