UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i am really confused i really don't know what food to put my young puppy on he is curently on wagg but just doesn't seem to be putting much weight on and growing very well, my maximum budget is about £10 a week for dog food, can anyone help, i have thought about using fish4dogs but with their recent recipe change i am not so sure can anyone help me please

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest, almost anything would be better than Wagg. Have a look through here - http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/255727-updated-dry-dog-food-index.html

They are adult foods that are listed, but all are fine for puppies - there is no need for puppy food at all.
do you think i should change my adult over then aswell, what would be best for his development and growth he is such a slow grower and fed up of people asking me what terrier he is when he is a lurcher lol

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
do you think i should change my adult over then aswell, what would be best for his development and growth he is such a slow grower and fed up of people asking me what terrier he is when he is a lurcher lol
What is your adult dog on at the moment?

You won't go far wrong with any of the green listed foods, they're all very good. Or, even the orange ones - a drop in quality from the green foods, but still all reasonably good diets :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is your adult dog on at the moment?

You won't go far wrong with any of the green listed foods, they're all very good. Or, even the orange ones - a drop in quality from the green foods, but still all reasonably good diets :)
wagg, i know i need a good slap to be fair i was never into looking at their foods till i got the pup now i am so worried lol, i really want to do raw but till i get a new freezer it's not a option for me at the moment

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
wagg, i know i need a good slap to be fair i was never into looking at their foods till i got the pup now i am so worried lol, i really want to do raw but till i get a new freezer it's not a option for me at the moment
Yes, I'd absolutely change him from Wagg too. Three weeks ago I lost my nine year old greyhound to stomach cancer, which is directly related to nutrition - he was fed on Wagg Worker for the first five years of his life by his previous owner. I would not touch the stuff with someone elses bargepole!

Nice to hear your final aim is to feed raw. In the meantime, there are plenty of good quality commercial options to choose from, as listed in the Index :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'd absolutely change him from Wagg too. Three weeks ago I lost my nine year old greyhound to stomach cancer, which is directly related to nutrition - he was fed on Wagg Worker for the first five years of his life by his previous owner. I would not touch the stuff with someone elses bargepole!

Nice to hear your final aim is to feed raw. In the meantime, there are plenty of good quality commercial options to choose from, as listed in the Index :)
my dogs love raw already settled on tripe and tripe with heart i just need a big doggy freezer and i will be happy lol so will they lmao, think i am going to go with arden grange for now what do u reckon ?

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
my dogs love raw already settled on tripe and tripe with heart i just need a big doggy freezer and i will be happy lol so will they lmao, think i am going to go with arden grange for now what do u reckon ?
Arden Grange is perfectly fine :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.