UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy is on 250g per day of JWB puppy kibble,he is 9 weeks old

I have been putting water into his kibble to soak it up and added some Pedigree puupy food only a small amount to mix in (as requested by his breeder)

he has now took a disliking to soaked up kibble, he much prefers it dry and crunchy. As a result he wont eat the saoked up food.

Am i OK to give him his food dry?
Do i need to add any extras into it?

Thanks x

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
my retriever was eating dry food at 6.5 weeks and my beagle at 8weeks. i dont mix anything into their food. (except the occasional bits of veggies) so if he prefers to eat it that way, then thats fine!

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
nup hes all good. labradors arent usually fussy anyway! as long as there is food in the bowl they are happy!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Blade is 7 weeks and eating his food dry most of the time, he is much more solid on dry food now as his breeder was feeding tripe and pedigree!! YUK

We now feed Royal Canin babydog! and he loves it. X

G

·
My puppy is on JWB dry food, after disliking Burns!! She eats it dry, and will only eat it dry, turns her nose up if it's wet!!

So thats what I give her, just kibble, no added extras and she is thriving!!

Go by your own initiative, you know your dog, if it suits your dog and your dog loves it then keep doing what you do, there is no need for change!!

All the best xxx

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Holly is on Skinners, and she sometimes has it wet, however in her evening meal she normally has mixed in veggies, and sometimes some raw meat too. Depends what we are eating :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
nup hes all good. labradors arent usually fussy anyway! as long as there is food in the bowl they are happy!
I can second that :lol: We have 5 dogs, 1 of which is a labrador and she's as greedy as they come :lol: she'd eat anything and everything given the chance :D

Ive feed 4 of my 5 dogs on dry since pups and never had to wet it down or and anything into it. But now they do get veggies etc mixed in depending on what we're eatting :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.