Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

puppy just been sick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by aileenoconnor65, Mar 24, 2011.

1. aileenoconnor65

aileenoconnor65 PetForums Newbie

i am a first time puppy owner and he has just been sick, not sure what caused it, he has just started to go out for walks and tries to eat leaves, moss etc also think he chewed on a cotton wool pad which had dried up nail varnish remover on it what should i do?:(

2. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Visit a vet, if you are unsure - better safe then sorry, young puppies go down hill quickly!

3. aileenoconnor65

aileenoconnor65 PetForums Newbie

he has fallen asleep now will keep an eye on him this is his usual time to sleep but if anything else strange happens will phone vet straight away, thanks

4. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I am sure its nothing to bad, if hes been picking stuff up ect - Your right to keep an eye!

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Nail polish and nail polish remover is caustic and toxic to dogs, you should if swallowed not induce vomiting as it can cause more damage and burning.
    If he has chewed a pad with nail polish remover on it, I really think you should call your vet at the minimum and ask his advice and see what he thinks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice