UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milton, our newest addition to the family has an awful habbit. He mounts and humps anyone and everything in sight. He is a staffy x american Bulldog and around 6 months old.

If he isn't trying to hump my leg, its one of the other dogs, a cushion, a toy, a chair. You name it and he will hump it. He's now started jumping up at the kids and trying to hump them as well. As soon as I say NO he stops what he is doing but a few seconds later he is finding something else to hump.

I've never had a dog with this sort of problem before and not sure how to stop him from doing it because as soon as he stops he just goes onto the next thing to hump.

We have only had him a week and he has been doing this the last two days almost non stop.

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
It is just because he is overexcited, nothing to worry about, just give him a time out for about 1 minute at most, so the consequences for his behaviour are CLEAR and then when he comes back in, give him something interesting to do like a treat dispenser, a raw bone, a stuffed kong. This will pass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.