Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy getting distracted whilst trying to get him to eat!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by e_clark, Jun 17, 2010.

1. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Ok so I'm trying to be crack down on the whole not eating thing - its going down for 20 mins then picked up, the only problem is in that 20 mins he gets distracted, and either goes on a crumb hunt, or simply just curls up and goes to sleep :lol:

Any advice on what to do? If this really doesn't work in a few days and he really doesn't like this food I'll change it, but I don't want to give in now and him get me wrapped round his finger, so I'm trying to be hard nosed for a new days, but when he eats say a third of each meal then wanders off and sleeps, its hardly worth having it down for 20 mins!

How can I keep his attention? Would it be better to feed him in his crate? Tbh though I think he would probably go to sleep in there too! Its not like I'm feeding him at his sleeping time either, he had had a nap just before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice