Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by simonehadland2009, Oct 27, 2012.

1. simonehadland2009

simonehadland2009 PetForums Member

i have a 9 week old puppy who is currently on bakers complete puppy however it is making him have the runs or very soft poo's i am just wondering what is the best puppy food to put him on any advice is greatly appreciated first time having a puppy

2. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Anything is better than Bakers! ;)
    Depending on your budget there are plenty of good quality foods, going up to great quality.
    I personally feed RAW but it takes alot of research to get right and of course you need a freezer.

If you want to stick to dry foods or wet foods there are a couple of stickys at the top of here that show the breakdown of each foods, and which are better :)

3. I gave you info on your other thread in dog chat ;)

4. simonehadland2009

simonehadland2009 PetForums Member

i am quite interested in going for the raw food diet, if anyone could pm me i would be grateful in knowing how to switch over to the raw diet and also how much it would cost ?

5. Nobody can PM you yet, not enough posts ;) Spam prevention thing.
    But if your interested in raw the sticky at the top is very useful, if you want to ask someone on here I would ask Six Star any day ;)
    Here`s a good web rawdogranch.com
    Here is a good basic guide to raw

http://puppybutt.weebly.com/uploads/7/6/9/2/7692088/beginners_guide_to_prey_model_raw_rv.5.0.pdf

It does take a bit of research to get right. How much it will cost depends. If you have a cheap butcher then next to nothing depending on where bouts you live there is a raw suppliers sticky at the top with very good prices although some are area specific. Supermarkets at the end of the day often have sales on worth checking, asking butchers in the area etc.
    Best of luck :)

p.s If you don`t want to do Proper raw there is stuff like Natural Instinct
    Natural Instinct - Frozen raw human-grade meat dog food, the dog breeders' choice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice