Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy food best brand!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Rocco clough, May 21, 2017.

1. Rocco clough

Rocco clough PetForums Newbie

hi,
    I'm just after some advice on which brand of puppy food will be best for my french bulldog puppy when he comes in 3 weeks. Price doesn't matter just after the best one for him. We was thinking about feeding him raw but with a toddler in the house didn't want to risk it. Any advice would be great, thanks

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Is there something wrong with what the breeder is feeding?

A good breeder should already be providing a quality diet and a decent supply of it in the puppy pack.

Plus its advisable to keep a new pup on whatever they have been weaned onto for a few weeks whilst they get over the stress of leaving mum and litter mates.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  3. Rocco clough

Rocco clough PetForums Newbie

The breeder is feeding him on raw food that is why I'm looking into dry food

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Are the raw minces not an option? Nutriment, Natural Instinct etc? Minimal mess, hassle and handling.

If not, id go for a quality wet, rather than a dry. Might be a shock to his system after being reared on raw to go to a kibble.

MiffyMoo likes this.
  5. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

My GSD pup was raw fed by her breeder. I am not a raw feeder so started her out on the complete raw minces and introduced kibble gradually over a couple of weeks, reducing the raw until she was fully on kibble. I suggest you make a similar slow transition.

As for brand if money is not an objection there are lot's of high end ones, Attu, Orijen, Acana, Akela, Millies Wolfheart and Eden all spring to mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice