Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy feeding advice please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Winniethepoodle, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Winniethepoodle

Winniethepoodle PetForums Member

I'm picking up a puppy tomorrow and the breeder uses the 'food down all day' method of feeding and I am concerned about how I change her to a daily routine of 3 meals per day, as I have no idea how much food she has been eating. I measured out the recommended daily amount today and it seems like a very small amount to split into 3 portions. I had someone else check the amount in case I got it wrong and its definitely correct. Do I just go for it? I realise she may go through a settling in period and not want to eat but if she does I'm concerned its not enough if she is used to grazing all day. Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I wouldn’t make any changes for the first 2-3 weeks tbh as they can get upset tums with the upheaval anyway.

Once she’s settled you can gradually wean her on to a more suitable regime.

niamh123 and DanWalkersmum like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice