Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Farming

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tobymum, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Tobymum

Tobymum PetForums Junior

Hello all, I am new here but would like to ask if you are all against puppy farming
    and pet shops / dealers who support this evil trade ?

If so please visit Puppy Love-Home you can show your support by joining in and printing off flyers or posters to display.

There are also petitions to sign and lots of info :)

2. mell-e-c

mell-e-c PetForums Member

I am against... I beleive in giving a second chance to a dog from places like the RSPCA centres... or having them from reputable breeders who have loved pup from day 1 :)

after all... you wouldnt farm babies so i beleive no life should be farmed!!!

3. Tobymum

Tobymum PetForums Junior

Thats good to hear:)

4. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Shall go have a nose at that site - Totally against puppy farming as all our members are.

5. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

Just been having a look at the site, didn't think things like this still went on. It's been years since I've seen a pup for sale in a pet shop, doesn't happen around here. Its a shame with all the info around about choosing a pup, people are still buying them. what a terrible start in life for the dog, it will never be what it could have been.

6. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I dont agree with puppy fanming ither, there is a petshop that sells pups not far away from me they are kept in good condition however no questions are asked of the new owner, feel so sorry for them they could end up anywhere

7. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

I am against it to.

8. Tobymum

Tobymum PetForums Junior

Its good to hear so many are against this evil practise:) but how many of you are willing to spread the word by doing a little bit:) . Doesn't take much time to print out a poster or flyer and display in your car or at your hairdresser:)

9. I am against not only puppy farming - kitten mills as well. Also against them being sold in the pet shops. Last year someome seen kittens on sale in pet shop in Harrods - cosmic price of cource; there was quite a few attempts from a third parties to buy kittens for Harrods pet shop.

10. colacooler

colacooler PetForums Junior

Yep puppy farming is terrible.

I think you will struggle to find anyone to admit to being in favour of puppy farming!

11. Brainless

Brainless Guest

There are at least two huge puppy supermarkets in the North of England and other places ahve their share of Pet shops with licenses to sell,a dn others sell based from kennels.

This is a similar overseas link that also describes all sides of the situation well I think: No Puppy Mills Canada - What is a Puppy Mill?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice