Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy dreams

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Kelly-ann, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Kelly-ann

Kelly-ann PetForums Newbie

My pup Belle has dreams nearly every time she’s in a deep sleep. But that’s nothing unusual for a pup or maybe even any dog. I’d love to know if any other pups sound like they are suckling? Belle would usually move her mouth and a clicking sound would come from her, kind of like swallowing. Personally, I think it’s really cute when she’s dreaming and I’m not worried at all. I’m just curious to see if other puppies do this, as I can’t remember if my other dogs done this at her age.

2. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

My Hilde does it, she sucks her tongue to soothe herself I think but yes a soft clicky sound, it is very cute.

margy and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

Yes my Lurcher does this when she's asleep sometimes, also her front paws flex as if shes suckling.

4. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Yes my GSD Holly does this and I also find it incredibly cute and a reminder that she was once a tiny little pup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice