Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy/Dog Carrier Recommendations

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by monkeyb33f, Jul 20, 2020.

1. monkeyb33f

monkeyb33f PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

First post on the site - I was looking for some advice on dog carriers.

My partner and I have a beautiful 20 week old sprocker spaniel, who we adore. We are both very active and love getting out and hiking. Once she is old enough, we can't wait to take our little pup on adventures with us, but while she is young we are conscious we need to limit how far and how long she walks each day.

We thought that in the meantime, we could perhaps use a dog carrier, so we can still go for longer walks, but keep her in a carrier so she can experience the adventure while not wearing herself out too much.

She's little for a sprocker, currently about 8kg, but we think she will grow to a maximum of 11.5. Both of her parents were quite little as well.

So, my questions are:
    - Can anyone recommend a carrier that would fit a sprocker?
    - Does anyone have any experience with a sprocker in a carrier and how did they react to it?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice