Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy doesn’t like his food, but he likes the 3 year olds!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by coatesa, Sep 2, 2020.

1. coatesa

coatesa PetForums Newbie

Ripley is on Harrington’s Salmon and Potato. Not the best food and I will eventually change her after we finish the next 25kg (rough estimate of what we have left). She’s fed that because my old dog wouldn’t eat anything else and it was easier to feed them the same thing.
    So because she eats Harrington’s, our puppy has the puppy version which is Turkey. He doesn’t like it...he was fed pedigree pouches which we stopped and he’s had some wet food to coat the dry food but he eats around it.

Issue is he really likes Ripleys adult salmon and potato so was hoping for a recommendation for a puppy salmon food? We will probably move onto good quality tinned or dry at some point or Akela, I just had an awful divorce that shot me financially for a while!

2. Blackadder

Blackadder PetForums VIP

I'll assume your puppy is 8 weeks or older?? If so, feed him the Salmon & Potato....

taken from Harringtons website.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Puppy food didn’t exist when I was a kid ;)

Happy Paws2 and Blackadder like this.
  4. Blackadder

Blackadder PetForums VIP

Yep, it was just "dog food" :)

Happy Paws2 and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. Sarah-p1

Sarah-p1 PetForums Member

I believe the adult Harringtons is suitable for all dogs over 4 months old, double check thier Website but I am sure I read that on thier website when Jasper was on it.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

7. coatesa

coatesa PetForums Newbie

Thanks....that’ll teach me to check their website.

With the cats, they went straight into high quality food none of this kitten food. Yet with Henry I was paranoid for some strange reason.

I’ll mix some of big dogs food with little dogs food for him to eat it and in w couple of months they will both start Millies Woflheart. Only 30kg of Harrington’s to go!

8. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

If you don't actively want them on Harringtons it might be worth seeing if anyone locally would buy the open bag? There's quite good trade in that sort of thing. Remember to keep enough so that you can slowly switch them both over, as opposed to a sudden swap.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice