Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy crying every morning we wake up

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Coozo, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Coozo

Coozo PetForums Newbie

We've had our little cooker spaniel pup for 3 weeks now, he's 11 weeks old. We're doing well with him, his biting is less frequent and is fully housetrained. The only issue we have with him is his crying.
    We used to put him in a crate in the living room when we first had him but he was ill the first couple of weeks, kept soiling himself in the crate and since it was diarrhoea it went everywhere. So now we have him in the kitchen with his dog bed. Was easier to clean up when he did an accident but if I'm honest I never wake up to them now.
    He's perfect when we go up to sleep, doesn't cry and just gets on with it. But in the morning he can hear us and he cries out like mad. I normally have a shower etc before coming down to him, he's excited to see me, then he just goes mental and starts biting everything in sight.
    Is it normal behaviour? I was thinking of putting him back in his crate now he's better at night, the living room is tucked away from other rooms but the kitchen looks out onto the hallway, no door just a baby stair gate

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

It might be better if you could pop down to your pup before having your shower, take him out to toilet, give him his breakfast and while he is eating that then go and have your shower. If you want to reintroduce the crate try feeding him in there especially in the morning whilst you are showering.
    I’m amazed your pup is holding on to his wee whilst he can hear you moving about upatairs in the morning.
    His manic behaviour is just overexcitement and overstimulation

3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Agree with Siskin, you first priority is your pup . What his name by the way ?
    You're very lucky he doesn't cry at night and that he can hold his wee that long at such a young age .

Amy Stewart and Torin. like this.
  4. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I have to be honest I feel like a zombie when I first get up,no cuppa for me its leave older dogs out in garden I still cant open my eyes at this point next its take puppy out for a wee and feed him,he is probably crying first thing as he has not seen you overnight and needs a wee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice