Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy crate

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cavalierlover123, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

#1 Cavalierlover123, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

With cavaliers it would probably be the smallest size. Basically they should be able to stand up, lie down and turn around fully but even a full grown cavalier should be ok in the smallest crate.

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I think that looks about the right size for a Cav. I don't like crates that are very small especially if the dog is going to be in them for some time.

4. Pamela

Pamela Guest

My Yorkie has a 30" crate in the house and its just the right size for her, she also has a smaller one for the car.

5. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Pippa has a 30" crate too and she's very happy in it. It should be fine for her too when she's fully grown and it's giving me peace of mind that she's not getting into too much mischief!

6. Cavalierlover123

Great ! she wont be in it for long just at night or if i have to pop out for a min. does harvey fit in the crate ok classyellie, as if pippa likes the crate i may use it for when shes older too and i want her to be able to fit in it.:)

7. angelhrt084

angelhrt084 PetForums Newbie

my recommendaton id that you buy the MEDIUM size to ensure comfort and best fit even when fully grown

8. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Harvey fits in it fine - and he can turn around with no problems - and he is a bit overweight! :eek:

9. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I got a 21" crate for £10 in B&Q and I think it'll only last a few months but it'll do for starting the crate training. I don't want to get a bigger one until I know for sure what size to get as I want one for in the house and a lightweight crate for dog shows to save my back! Cheeko is in a 30" crate and it is a bit big but he likes his space.

10. Cavalierlover123

The one im looking at is a medium size. great so this size will be perfect thanks guys, just wanted to make sure before i got it!:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice