Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy buying question

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by niki, Aug 12, 2009.

1. niki

niki PetForums Senior

Hey everyone,

After doing hours and hours of research on different breeds we have narrowed it down to either a Shih Tzu or a Cavalier King Charles.

I've read all about asking to see the necessary paper work but what should I actually be looking for???

Like for a Cav for example; I know I should ask to see healthy eye and heart certs for the parents but what is this?? For all I know they could have printed it off themselves!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Niki x

2. Sweetcheeks

Sweetcheeks PetForums Junior

Hello Niki,

I'm sorry I cant help but I just wanted to say I have been looking into getting a 2nd puppy and I have narrowed it down to a shih tzu or cocker spaniel.

x

3. cav

cav PetForums VIP

hi
    my 2 fave breeds as well;)

i got a staffie-pet only

i breed cavaliers these are the tests i do - heart,eyes and mri.

there a lots of bad breeder about i would say go through the kc or the breed club.

what area are you in?

4. niki

niki PetForums Senior

Good choices!! :D

5. niki

niki PetForums Senior

What do u actually receive when u have these health tests done. S/he will be pet only so I don't mind whether they're kc reg or not jus as long as they're healthy!!

I'm in north Lincolnshire.

6. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I have a Shih-Tzu puppy and he's gorgeous BUT they do need almost constant attention/company. They don't really like being left alone and get quite upset so if your not at home the majority of time or cant take them everywhere with you, then they're not the one to choose.

They also require a great deal of grooming.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice