Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Browsing!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claire, Jul 7, 2009.

1. claire

claire Guest

again lol

No rush just waiting for the right one to come up, we are on a rescue waiting list have had our homecheck so thats just all waiting too
    Also concidering getting a pup from a breeder, soooooooo many options :eek:

where did you get you puppy from?
    where were they advertised?
    or was it word of mouth?
    how long did those of you with rescue dogs wait for the right one to come alone?

2. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

My puppy was in the next town to mine and was advertised on Epupz (which i know people on here don't like, but this was before i joined and learned what i do today)

I don't have a rescue and the only person i know who's had a rescue did it privately so didn't wait very long.

3. claire

claire Guest

Whats making it long winded rescue wise is im with a breed specific rescue and want a puppy

I know epupz has had a bad reputation but it must have its good side

4. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I can't complain about my pup at all, but I had someone who knew what they were looking for when we went to view the pups, any sign that something was up and i know we would have been out of there.

5. rona

rona Guest

When I wanted a rescue Goldie, I went to Goldie rescue who past me on the home check but didn't have many dogs going through, so I advertised the fact that I had a home waiting in all the local papers.
    Within 3 weeks I had had 2 replies

6. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Exciting times!! Is it definately a puppy you're looking for? Any size or type in mind?

All my rescues have been impulse purchases, for want of a better expression! There was something about them - their looks, their story, their character - that stood out and I've fallen in love very quickly each time! The longest I had to wait was 9 days, but that was a problem at my end and the shelter agreed to hold him for me. I have been quite flxible though with the type and age of dog, so waiting was never really an issue

Good luck in your search!

7. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Ooh what breed if any are you looking for?

:)

8. claire

claire Guest

well i would never say never to another Akita ;)

9. claire

claire Guest

We didnt buy from the best breeder last time and had problem which are now sorted so we dont want the same problems again so are being extra careful

Our only must i think is a puppy under 14 weeks i think

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice