Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Broody!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Phoenix&Charlie'sMum, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

How do you guys deal with puppy broodiness (if that is evan a word!)

I see everyone getting their new puppies on here and, although im happy for them, it does make me a tiny bit jealous! :D

I already have three dogs and long gone is the puppy stages. So.... How would you deal with it?

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Aww bless,i guess its a bit like the baby broody thing.....at some point you just have to stop! Keep thinking of all the worst things about having a pup(ok iv got one and there really isnt a worst thing) and they DO grow up.I really dont know to be honest,iv lots of children, 3 dogs, a cat,chooks etc. You would turn out like me!! lol

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Easy...I just get another dog!!:lol: Norris I thought would have sorted out my puppy brooding for a while but because he's been such a treasure and so easy it's made me worse!! So far both the dogs I've had since puppies have been wonderful so it's making me more broody rather than the opposite!!! Everyone warned me after years of only adopting older dogs I'd hate having puppies around but I love it and they are so easy I do wander what people fuss about!!! (I suspect I've just been very lucky and one day that comment will come and bite me on the bum!!!:lol:)

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I just remind myself just what a pain in the neck Henrick was as a puppy, all the getting up during the night, not being able to go out anywhere without the puppy as he is still toilet training, having to keep everything out of his reach, and that constant nipping not to mention the wee breaks every half an hour only to have him pee or poo a few minutes after you get back in the house. Has that helped:lol:.

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

see that makes me more broody :lol: but im not allowed any more :frown: aparently 5 is enough

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Noooooo 6 is the new in number don't you know? 3 on each hand!!:thumbup:

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

This :lol::lol::lol:

8. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Same as! The pups ive had have been so easy to house-train, lead train etc.

9. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

I miss all that!!! :lol:

My dogs still come everywhere with me.

10. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Why ?

well before we got kia we spoke with a breeder and his female GSd just got pregnant . Then along come KIA , BUT I WANTED THE PUP AND MY OH said well dont know , lets give time to kia , etc etc , I put it and shut it , told the breeder we can't at this point in time to get another one ,allot of bullocks ( thanks to my Oh , felt carp to do that phone call but I had to do it) , then few months passed by and we ended up with brewster That was my OH and in law's job ....I NEVER REGRET GETING HIM ...
    then couple days ago the guy who put me in contact with the GSD breeder , I bumped in to him and guess what , He had the big beast MAx who is a nut case on lead GSD and his little sis ( are about 15 months difference in between them ) same mum same dad just one litter away . She is one of the 7 of the pups I would ended up to get if my Oh would not played me madly .

She is gorgeous , fluffy and same markings as her bro. She wanted in my arms I had kisses and kisses , and she loves to be carried away ...That dog barely knows to walk lol , every one picks her up and kiss her but u have ot be quick coz her older bro keeps an eye on every one not to touch his little sis

Did I felt broody ? Crist YES , I come home and told my Oh I dont care but I still want a puppy so when brewster would be more settled in and learns couple more things My Oh could go and ..... self if he dose not agree with me on a puppy GSD . LOL

if next year on this time we have a pup then in 2 years on this time (or winter time) will buy a sledge :D

11. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I look at the pile of foam we used to call a sofa - that usually does the trick. :rolleyes: :D

12. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I was up till 2 this morning cos Baby wanted to play and was geeking. I was dangling her toys and making her run around but all she wanted to do was sink her teeth into me :lol: shes a sod!! Has that cured your broodiness ??? :D Only joking I love her really ;)

13. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

I look at my two youngest :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the puppy stage, but i have been going through it for 2yrs now. They have both been fantastic but it has been hard work and i will definatley be having a break from puppies for the next couple of years.

I work in a petshop so i get to cuddle everyones puppies, then give them back :)

14. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

I think thats why im broody is because Phoenix, who is now 1, acts like such an old man - there is no sign of any puppy left in him!!

The I have Charlie who is 5 and considered the Fun Police! :)

Then George who is a few sandwiches short of a picnic - bless him and he wants to play with the others but "they dont do playing" :D

15. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

:eek::eek:

Mine were so good that they didnt chew anything apart from the toilet rolls!

16. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Me and my other half saw the most amazing bull dog pup FREE to good home the other day and he was soooo tempted as he's always wanted one.

However, I pointed out we've had ours now for 4 weeks and he's been a nightmare...the OH soon decided we don't want another pup for a looooong time!!!

17. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Aww soo cute!

Well it has been a year since we got Phoenix and he has grown up so fast!!

18. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Ruperts 11 and a half weeks now! (12 on monday) and he's a little sod at times but you have to love him.

We lost him yesterday. unbeknown to us he's now mastered the stairs and I found him upstairs in my room, asleep in the suitcase.

19. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I'm lucky, Otto is one now but his mind seems to be stuck at about 3 months so there's no danger of me getting puppy broody any time soon!

I would love to have been able to meet Alfie when he was a puppy though.

20. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Aww stop it!!! I want another one!!!

I remember coming home one day and Phoenix had gone into the downstairs loo and carefull picked off the toilet paper, then ran round the house with it!! I came home with a OH MY GOD WHAT HAS HE DONE!! But we found him asleep covered in loo roll under the stairs! How could I tell him off for that? :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice