Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy boredom

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by woodwitch, Jun 7, 2010.

1. woodwitch

woodwitch PetForums Member

How do you keep an 8 week old puppy from becoming bored?

I'm having work done on my house at the moment, so lots of scaffolding/workmen around at the moment and Ozzy is scared to go outside when they're here, which doesn't help. But he's got so much energy at the moment, he gets bored with his toys easily, and usually resorts to nipping to try and get us to play with him.

Have bought him more toys, but that's not an ideal solution!

I'm so looking forward to the day when I can just put a lead on him and take him for a nice long walk, but that seems so far away. To be honest, I think we're both getting cabin fever!

2. rona

rona Guest

Get yourself a sling and pop him in and get out and about, good for you, good for pup :thumbup:

3. Spanish

Spanish PetForums Junior

4. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

oooh lots of games....

plastic drink bottle with a couple of treats in in the kitchen to play "football" with.

outside: freeze water and meat juices (or some other flavour juice the dog likes) together in an old margarine tub... empty out and have fun watching the pup chase after the nice cold treat!

Kong - stuff and freeze

training! - training stimulates the brain and so tires them out as much as physical excercise

hide n seek - hide little tidbits around the hosue for him to find

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice