Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy and dog introductions.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laurenalicee, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Laurenalicee

Laurenalicee PetForums Newbie

Hey everyone, I joined the forum hoping for some advice.. I live with my dad, sister, her boyf and my partner and 3 dogs.

I have a 5-6year old rescue shih tzu, (Ted) he had some aggression issues to begin with but me and my partner have worked with him and now he's fine with other dogs in the park and the 2 he now lives with. Now my sister is breeding her lab again and they want to keep a puppy. Last time she did this 5 months ago they tried to introduce a puppy to Ted but this didn't go well, he was very snappy and growly at the puppy. Luckily they weren't keeping that one so it wasn't an issue. But now they want to keep one in unsure as to the best way to get him used to the puppies before just dropping a 3-5 month old puppy on him as I can imagine it will be a shock for him and really don't want him to be kept separate from the other dogs until my sister moves out.

I really don't want to have to take him to classes ashe doesnt need them, both me and my partner work shifts so won't be consistent with going to the classes and they tend to be very expensive.

So if anyone has any form of advice or knows anyone I can talk to regarding it that would be a huge help!

Thanks,
    Lauren

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice