UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Who needs an alarm when you can count on your puppy waking you at 4 every morning?! Sooooo sleepy.
I used to bounce out of a bed when I had a puppy alarm... Let him out for a wee and sneak him back to bed :p Very naughty but I loved it. Now have an OH that goes to work middle of the night/early mornings that wants smooches and hugs and just gets a growl of disgust (from me!) cos its so early :eek:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to bounce out of a bed when I had a puppy alarm... Let him out for a wee and sneak him back to bed :p Very naughty but I loved it. Now have an OH that goes to work middle of the night/early mornings that wants smooches and hugs and just gets a growl of disgust (from me!) cos its so early :eek:
My problem is he thinks 4 a.m. is play time - I've been going to work shattered all week lol - then by this time he's calmed down again.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Mylo has managed to stay asleep until at least 6.30am every morning so I haven't actually needed to test this tip.........but a friend that has been breeding GSP's for over 40 years told me to slightly warm a little goats milk to give them if they wake up super early and that should give you an extra hour or two in bed.

Mylo won't touch the puppy milk that the breeder said to pour on left over food to encourage him to clean his bowl so I have been using goats milk for that and he loves it.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Mylo has managed to stay asleep until at least 6.30am every morning so I haven't actually needed to test this tip.........but a friend that has been breeding GSP's for over 40 years told me to slightly warm a little goats milk to give them if they wake up super early and that should give you an extra hour or two in bed.

Mylo won't touch the puppy milk that the breeder said to pour on left over food to encourage him to clean his bowl so I have been using goats milk for that and he loves it.
The one time I didn't set my alarm and thought 'it'll be okay she'll wake me up early' was the one time she didn't bother!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The one time I didn't set my alarm and thought 'it'll be okay she'll wake me up early' was the one time she didn't bother!! :lol:
Always the way :D

Luckily I can't exactly be late for work as I just need to stumble downstairs. The one time I overslept and didn't get up in time to do guests breakfasts Mia heard them on the stairs and barked so I quickly threw clothes on, came down, and pretended everything was under control and I had just popped upstairs to put a load of washing on.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just might try that, a week of getting up so early and I'm exhausted. Needless to say my wee dog is now snuggled up in his bed snoozing his little head off. Typical :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.