Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy Advice

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LisaA2006, Aug 10, 2009.

1. LisaA2006

LisaA2006 PetForums Junior

Hi,

We're going to be getting a Bichon Frise after much discussion with my hubby & my eldest daughter (4) my younger daughter is alittle bit too young to understand. What I was wondering was whether anyone knows whether there are any Bichon Frise Puppy books out there that I could purchase to do some reading up about housetraining etc? Also what kind of puppy crate do we buy? Toys etc? Sorry to ask but we are going to be "newbies"!! I know people are going to be shocked that we are thinking about getting a puppy with such small children but we won't be gettting it until next year etc.

Thanks, Lisa

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Good luck with your puppy Bichons make great family pets. Get the perfect puppy by Gwen Bailey its really good. A 24" crate would probably be ok for them but you might need to section it off for such a small puppy. Toys I recommend kongs great for if you have to distract them, a couple of soft toys and maybe one tug toy.

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

If you look on Amazon you should find quite a few books about Bichons.:)
    My daughter was three when we got our first Bichon and he has always been fantastic with her. She's eight and he's five now and we have a new puppy Bichon who was 17 weeks old yesterday.

Our Bichon puppy has quite a few toys. She likes squeaky latex balls and she has a furry bone that squeaks that we got with her and she loves that - oh and anything that our other Bichon has and she wants. :laugh:

Are you getting a dog or a bitch?

#3 Jazzy, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. LisaA2006

LisaA2006 PetForums Junior

My hubby wants to get a male as unfortunately for him he is the only man in the house as we have two girls (Chloe, 4 & Abigail who is 6 months)!. The only downside we have is that the puppy will be left alone for 3 hours a day, we both work full time but I'll be popping back at lunchtime and my dad is popping in during the day! I was watching a programme that used Kong toys and had one that dispensed them during the day think they was called bordom toys! The other thing we are having trouble with is the fact that we have decided to get a dog and Chloe (my eldest) can't understand why we can't get the puppy sooner!! We wanted a book to read about house breaking etc, and things that we will need.

Lisa:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice