Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppy advice!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Let1989, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:10 PM.

1. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

Much needed advice!

my friend has an 5 month old XL American bully bitch pup.

Since birth she has weed in her sleep she’s housebroken but as soon as she falls asleep she wees. She developed a urine scald - not to the skin just around the vagina she has sores and now dribbles during the day and licks while she wees so is obviously in discomfort.

Currently keeping her clean and dry and using vetracyn on her topically but it’s not clearing up.

She’s had various vet checks and tests. All urine samples come back Clear and vet says she’ll grow out of weeing - she has seen various vets within the practice. And is due to
    See a different vet at another practice.

Very concerned any advice welcome!

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

There are meds that dogs can be given to help stop the leaking. Hasn’t the vet tried any?

3. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

No nothing at all. One check she had the vet said her bladder was hard and higher than it should be and she had a small amount of protein in her urine but all other urine tests have come back Clear they’ve said she’ll grow out of it But other than that they’ve offered no help at all.

4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Maybe try another vet?

Propalin and Incurin are 2 drugs sometimes prescribed.

In the meantime, I’d make sure she has regularly changed and dry bedding and I’d rinse her with plain warm water, gently dabbed dry, to keep her skin comfortable and prevent soreness.

5. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

She has an appointment with a vet at different practice so hopefully they can help! Thankyou

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

We had a member here whose dog had something similar. There was a medical name for it, but can't remember now.

It might be the same thing, has your vet said anything about will spaying help? As this is what was said to the member and it did help/work.

Obviously at 5 months it's too early to spay per say...but I just wondered if this has been mentioned at all.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

No they’ve not helped at all they just keep saying she’ll grow out of it but she’s obviously holding on to her wee because it’s stinging when she does go so it’s a bit of a viscous cycle at the moment!

8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

If she's sore there she will be reluctant to go, have you tried a barrier cream on her to help?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  9. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

Yes I feel this is why she’s dripping as she’s only started doing so recently, Vetericyn wound and skincare

10. PetFanPet

PetFanPet PetForums Newbie

I don’t know a lot on this certain problem, but if you would rather not have a mess before the problem is fixed, use some doggy diapers. :)

11. Let1989

Let1989 PetForums Newbie

Currently using baby nappy’s they fit perfect she’s still little bless her! Haha

PetFanPet likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice