Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppies

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by candysmum, Apr 1, 2011.

1. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

ARRGGHHHHH

I have found 3 :)

2 black labradors and and
    A baby SPOT!!!!!

All through the Kennel club so i am feeling rather proud of myself and that i will get a very healthy puppy! :D

the furthes is about 95 minute drive the others 60 minutes roughly.

The Dalmatian litter is the ONLY litter in the south of the UK. (thats on KC site)
    Fingers crossed I have been in contact with all 3 and i so CAN'T wait to meet the breeders, puppies and the puppies parents :D

I am so excited!! on lab is 11 weeks so can come home now, 1 lab is not quiet 2 weeks so a while to wait and the Dalmatians were born 10th March so are just 3 weeks.

2. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Couldn't agree more.
    One of my GSD's...papered to the eyeballs,all singing and all dancing pedigree...full of health problems. Never got past 6 yrs old. Paperwork is no real guarantee of anything. You buy "potential"...that is all.

3. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I hope all 3 are lovely healthy pups from people who know what they are doing, dont forget your list of questions :D

4. luvmydogs

luvmydogs PetForums VIP

Was going to say this myself. Mine aren't even registrable with the UK KC and are very well bred and health tested ;)

5. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Likes been said Trish there are alot of breeders KC reg'ing pups that means little, Of course I belive having the litter registered is important, but I also think you need to look for a breeder DNA profiling, health testing and one that you agree with ethics wise, when raising puppies and why the litter was planned (the aim behind it).
    Good luck, and hope one of these three breeders is what you are looking for.

6. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

the one that is 11 weeks old has sent me the pups pedigree. I have been on KC site and I can see all the health tests going back the 5 gens. he is keeping a pup, some of the line have got to champion in the show ring.

as soon as i have all this from the others i will be doing the same.

If there is more i can do then please tell me i will do it. I'll take all the help i can get after Candy.

7. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

DO NOT leave the breeders house without the correct paper work - you dont want to go through the same again! Go with your gut instinct, if something isnt right walk away!

8. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

thanks Kerry, I hope so too. I will be trailing to all three breeders adn if i'm not happy then i wont be haning over any cash.

The dally one has finally emailed back and i have bells ringing already. They say they can't hearing test until 8 weeks well i know thats a load of toss when i hearing tested mine at 5 weeks. so i have enquired why they aren't doing it until then seeing as i tested my own at 5 weeks.

9. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Oh i plan too. I so so plan too! i know 2 of the 3 are already registered i can see that from KC site the youngest litter he said he is doing at the weekend but i have told him i wont do anything until i see proof they are registered.

10. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Hmmm Yes I would be having alarm bells to, if the breeder doesnt understand/know about the tests in depth that she is carrying out. Sad as there are so many good breeders out there, just not always easy to come by!

11. Dally Banjo

Banjo was 6 weeks old when he had his done & his breeder did'nt even want us to see the pups untill they had been tested incase we chose one that failed, but I think only one did & only just so they kept him he's lovely :D

12. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

tell me about it. they are the only dallys this side of the country so It might be a lab. which i grew up with so not an issue but i would love another dally.

Lets see what they have to say. in reply

Wish i had done that now but hind sight i guess. Rollo still went to a good home with the people that originally picked him as they had deaf dallys before.

13. Dally Banjo

Ask them what diet they should have.

We did'nt know about spots & diet & stones before we met Banjo's breeder they were very knowledgeable when it came to health problems they can get.

14. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

They know i Own a dally so that would be a odd question to ask wouldn't it?

The dally parents (they have both) both quilified for crufts 2011 but they didn't go becasue of the puppies and risk of infection.

15. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Thats very responsible..As you know we show, but also wont attend any shows with pups due or on the ground..Risk of infection, and also means leaving a new mum/mum to be with someone else - someone that possibly knows nothing about breeding.

16. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

it is and i would love the dally but i now have to worry about this hearing test thing until i hear back from them I am so hoping i may have misread the email or something! We will have to see.

Here is their email do you think i have misread it or not?

Yes we have 1 brown and white girl, and 3 black and white girls. They are £550 which includes KC Registration, 5 Generation Pedigree. The Micro chipped, vet checked with 1st injection and BAER testing can not be done until they are at least 8 weeks old. If you are interested you can come and see them with their mother and father all together as we own them both. They both qualified for Crufts this year, but could not attend cause of the puppies and risk of infection. Please contact us if you need any further information.

17. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

I dont think you have read it wrong - I dont understand the BAER testing fully, but is it possible that results wont be back till then (or do you get them there and then?) also can they not get someone out till then? Like I said I dont understand it all that well.

18. Dally Banjo

Im not sure on the test maybe ask Dazadal :) but the rest sounds good

19. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

no you get the results there and then and they post you the paperwork which you get about 2 days later.

or thats what happened with me anyway. I went to a vets in southampton that does it and they aren't too far away from that one from the looks.

20. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

sounds ok to me. Could you not wait untill they are 8 weeks and had their hearing tests done before you go and pick one, or are they letting people reserve them now? I hope you get the puppy you want :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice