UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen an advert in my local paper "Pedigree Puppies Labradors 3 generation pedigree,can deliver all major credit cards accepted £350.last week there was an advert from the same place with about 9 different breeds for sale,they call themselves Accredited Breeders in the add:mad:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Unfortunately, this is all too common. Anyone can call themselves an 'Accredited Breeder' - unless they are calling themselves 'Kennel Club Accredited Breeder' and they aren't, they are doing nothing wrong (at least in the eyes of the law!)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if there were absolutely no puppies involved tbh - credit cards? Deliveries? All sounds very dodgy, and there have been scams in the past where the poor chump pays for a pup (or monkey) they haven't seen, with promise of delivery and it never comes. Photos are usually recycled from the internet, it's really awful that there are people that prey on poor people that don't know what they're doing.

·
Registered
457 Posts
there were many of these people on gumtree when i was looking for an ebt puppy, many of their adds said you must pay us £200 deposit then once the pup is on its way to being dropped off to you, you must pay the rest of hte money then a few people said they were scammers and dont be taken in!!!!

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just phoned the number and could hear dogs barking it all started quite civil and was asked if I wanted to view the pups when I said I was looking for a smaller breed she offered me Whippets,Jack russels,loads of different doodles,yorkies she said if I wanted to see any I had to make an appointment as she would bring the litter up to the house when I was due to arrive,I then asked her if she was the person on TV last year about puppy breeders I knew she was because of the address she gave me I then got told to F off bet all the pups will be sold over the Bank holiday

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I wonder if you are near me - there is a breeder glorified (puppy farm in my opinion) near my mums place that was on the TV programme about puppy farms / pet shops. They always have ads in the local papers, plus their own website, with usually a dozen different breeds available - plus various crosses. They too claim to be accredited breeders - I actually went on the KC website and searched the accredited breeders lists for every breed they sold - and surprise surprise no mention of them. I did contact the KC about it but got no response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.