Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppies and carpets do not mix!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pezant, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Eeek - darling Henry is fulfilling his 'naughty puppy' stage nicely! Last night he trotted in from the garden all proud of himself with a new stick in his mouth, right through the utility room and kitchen and into our cream carpeted hall, right before we noticed all four paws were covered in mud from where he'd been digging in the vegetable patch! There was a whole trail of pawprints that needed cleaning and mopping after that.

Two nights before he'd managed to steal Dad's wallet and was found surrounded by ten and twenty pound notes :eek: Does anyone have a spare pair of eyes I can put in the back of my head to keep an eye on him??

2. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

:eek: oh no,
    I have one like that too. :devil:

My garden and home was safe from any devils, I could leave shoes unattended, doors to living room open, leads hanging on hooks,......until we had bella three weeks ago. :devil:

You forget how destructive they can be :eek:

3. Shitzulover

Shitzulover PetForums Senior

Ooooh can't wait to get my puppy soon! I'm going to get an old rug to lay in the lounge though incase of accidents. Its a rented house and new carpet so not taking any chances!

4. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I put builders polythene down and then put an old throw over that when I have a puppy

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

A cream carpet!!!:eek::::scared::001_unsure::eek6:
    Im puppy proofing at the moment....luckily I only have to worry about the 6-8ins of the house, he wont be able to reach anything else!!LOL:D

6. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

I've been very diligently putting my shoes in the cupboard under the stairs for four months now, because if they don't go in there, they go in Henry's mouth!

Well he has two barriers to go through when he comes inside; the seperate tiled utility room floor and the lino-ed kitchen so muddy paws don't normally get to the carpet, but he trotted right through and out the kitchen door again before we could stop him!

7. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Cream carpet in the hall AND the living room! We're living dangerously, I know. ;)

8. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

Our cream lounge carpet lasted til winter of our first year with dogs then was ripped up and we put down a heated floor/tiles.

Zak stole my phone, chewed it then shoved it under the shed. It rang when I tried or I'd never have found it! He then stole the OH's wallet with hundreds in it for the workman: the bank was very understanding and when we pieced together bits, they replaced all the notes!

Love the little swine!

9. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Oh my God - your wallet story beats my wallet story hands down! How long did it take you to put the notes back together again??

10. Shitzulover

Shitzulover PetForums Senior

Good idea! I was unsure what to do incase any wee leaked through the rug onto the new carpet below. I think I will get some polythene from somewhere!

11. lols82

lols82 PetForums Member

:001_unsure: I have wooden floors throughout but I had many rugs and runners down throughout, they were alll lifted bar 1 and still are :eek: Easier to clean up after.

12. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

At least he didnt eat the notes, which was Kobis trick as a pup he banked quite a few of various amounts when he was a pup.:D

Best purchase I ever made too along with the pups was a an electric carpet cleaner:D

13. danielled

danielled Guest

My boy insisted on going to the toilet on our carpet at first but he can't get there now and had to throw the one in my room away.:( buddy kept chewing it.

14. Maggs

Maggs PetForums Member

Oh yes, our used to be cream carpet is in a miserable condition, and so is the sofa and kitchen floor... and walls... and and and! Especially with all the rain and mud in the garden I can't mop up quick enough...
    And... dogs and fluffy slippers do not go together either! I got a birthday present yesterday, and we left Maggs in the house and went for dinner. On our arrival we found the slippers having been the centre of attention for Maggs :) Only myself to blame though, should have removed them. On the plus side, she's been left on her own in the house 3 times last week (premiere!), and that was the only mess she has done.

15. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

One word; Bissell :D.

16. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I seem to spend my days retrieving items and washing muddy feet :eek: Makes you appreciate the oldies :D

17. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Definitely does! I washed his paws underneath the water butt after all that and he was not best impressed ;)

18. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

When we got Fitz we were in a rental property so to protect the (cream :eek:) carpet we did something similar to Hawksport. Cheap plastic sheeting and then VetBed type bedding down (cut into manageable pieces) on top of that.

Made everything so much easier as any time there was an accident we could just bung the bedding straight into the washer, put a clean piece down and done :biggrin: We'll be doing the same when Wybie arrives, it worked so well last time, even though we're in our own house now.

We do have a Bissell as well, a Little Green, and it's fab.

19. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

We've got carpets which have survived a Great Dane and a spaniel, and still come up really well after a hoover (and the occassional wash). We bought the sort of wool carpet they use in shops so we thought it would be able to cope with dogs and children, and it certainly has.

I want a house I can live in and not worry about dirty shoes or dirty dogs (within reason), so as long as it hoovers off I'm not bothered.

The cream suite was a bad idea though - bought as the result of the free glasses of wine given to us in the shop! Can't keep Bess off of it, so I've bought a brown throw to go over it. When she's older we'll invest in a new suite anyway, as it is a bit tired now.

Love hearing stories of Henry. My old ES had a thing for shoes too!

20. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

He LOVES shoes. LOVES them. If you leave a pair of shoes laying around somewhere, on your own head be it if Henry gets hold of them. He's even nosed slippers off the top of his crate and had a go at a pair of my wellies before.

Also, one good point about ESes - I LOVE the way dirt just seems to flake off their coats! Does it do that with Bess too? Henry will come in mucky from a walk, and then an hour later it's all dried and fallen off again! Genius :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice