Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Puppia Harnesses - are they any good?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jazzy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I was wondering whether to get a Puppia harness for our new puppy for when she can go out for walks next week but they look very expensive for what they are. Has anyone used them and are they strong enough and worth the price?:confused:

2. mollyismyworld

Yes I have many.

They are a bit expensive, but they are very well made, breathable and no pulling on the neck.

Being made from material and not leather, they don't dig in.

I would highly recommend them.

IMG_5229.jpg

cheeky molly.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

Jazzy likes this.
  3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh thanks - might get one then. :thumbup1:

What size do you think a Bichon puppy would need - an extra small one?:confused: Do they adjust so they fit them when they get a bit older or do you just have to buy the next size up?

4. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

funny you should mention Puppia harnesses. I just ordered my first one today!

My pugs coat colour clashes with all colours known to man so its a boring black with white poka dots but there are hundreds to choose from.

My pug boy has a "dear dog" one which is similar in soldier camoflauge. They look so smart! He is a puller and it does even out the strength a bit.

Dont buy too small. My 5 month old pug is in large. I bought him a medium one when he was about 3 months and it didnt last very long at all.

OOOHHHH, i love buying collars, leads and harnesses (BUT I DONT DO CLOTHES!) :D

ETA: I do clothes you understand, i dont do clothes for dogs!!!

5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

:laugh::laugh:

My older Bichon has the Ezydog harness but I would rather buy the puppy something a bit softer to begin with.

Thanks for the info.:thumbup1:

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I want to get 2 once puppy is fully grown but I'm not sure how well they will fit a miniature poodle. Plus I'm not spending that amount on a harness for it to grow out of it in a week! I like Rogz stuff because it's not too expensive:D

7. mollyismyworld

Hi Jazzy,

my westie is a size large....the harnesses do adjust, but if you want to get the right size, measure the neck circumference in inches, measure just under front paws round the back ( chest) and then measure from base of neck to tip of tail.

Whoever you are buying from will ( or should!) be able to advise you on the right size harness from that.

I know Puppia is a bit more expensive, but I would say buy whatever fits your dog now, and don't necessarily expect it to fit your dog when fully grown...be prepared to keep re-measuring and upgrading so your dog is comfortable.

As I said, I have many of them for my dog and I love them ( as does Molly!) but if you need any help or advice with the sizing or your chosen retailer, PM me as I know who helped me most. xx :)

8. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

I have bought a pink one with little hearts on for the black pug puppy I will be getting in 4 weeks. I knew I wanted a harness and this seemed a great option as it is soft and washable too, not to mention cute. I have bought small - I'm not sure it will last too long as it is really quite small! However, if it is still in good nick when we are finished with it, I will sell it on eBay. I think extra small would be really tiny.

9. Poppy09

Poppy09 PetForums Senior

Poppy has one and I think they are really good!

10. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

I love puppia harnesses, I buy mine from here:
    dog clothes online at Elmo's, huge range of dog clothing, dog fashion and accessories including dog harnesses, dog leads, dog collars and dog beds plus small & big dog clothing and puppy clothing - Soft Dog Harnesses

Sophie has a pink one in pink and Louie has a green camo jacket style one :)
    You can get the Dear Dog ones from Pets at Home for £19.99 which also comes with a lead. It may be worth taking her with you and trying one on her to see how it fits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice