Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pup u bred coming back

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by odenna, Jun 28, 2009.

1. odenna

odenna PetForums Newbie

i bred my first litter of gsds over 2 years ago we had 10 pups i kept one myself
    3 weeks ago i got a email from one of the owners asking about rehoming her the very next day i picked her up.
    i have decided to keep her with all my pack she will be getting spade as she has just come out of season. I was thinking of breeding her sister who i kept from the litter she has agood hip score but i have decided no more breeding for me its too heart breaking. So my girl is also getting spade.

How many of you who breed has taken a pup/older dog back and has it put u off breeding
    from jo

2. Aww sorry to hear the dog's come back :( atleast the owner got in touch with you though and it now has a lovely forever home :)

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Its good they got back in touch with you and didn't just advertise her for sale else were.

We sold a pup from our first litter then 6 weeks later saw her advertised on epupz for sale. We had her back and I kept her for about 5 months when I found her a lovely home were she still is.

Another litter we bred a man had a bitch pup then came and had another with a friend. The friends pup got piosoned and died.I found out about 3 months later when I saw them both at a show I asked how the girls were doing and the mans friend said what didn't you let them know she had died He phoned again last year after another pup when he heard I had pups last year needless to say he got to no way was he having another. The next thin I knew the RSPCA were knocking at my door. They also came after he had the 2nd pup before saying I had been reported for selling pups with dodgy legs as show dogs. Fortunately I had photos of the pup showing its legs were straight when he had her and I still had some litter mates here. I found out he had let the pup go charging round his garden with his dachsies something I had told him not to let her do.

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

That's so sad make me not want to breed, will you still be breeding you dogs

5. odenna

odenna PetForums Newbie

so sad
    all my puppy owners signed a contract saying they had to get in touch with me so yes at least they did
    from jo

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Yes I have a litter hopefully due next weekend. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what you do getting people to sign contracts if they don't get back in tpuch you never know what has happened. When I saw the pup on epupz I was looking to see if anyone I knew had pups advertised as I was still getting enquireies about my pups and I would have passed their details on to them.

I had 2 people 1 had 2 btiches to show the other 2 dogs to show all have done well in the ring but their owners do not speak to me any more for no reason that I know of. The one who has the males uses them as studs on an unregistered bitch and sells unregistered pups. He had a litter just before christmas and I saw I'm sure he had a litter advertised not long ago. i've no idea if it is the same bitch as he had a couple of bitches. The one with the 2 bitches had a litter of one of them. She was mated at 16 months and had pups by the time she was 18 months old. I found out because they were advertised on a hunting site and some one recognised the breeding of the bitch and got into contact with me.

7. bassetsandbeyond

bassetsandbeyond PetForums Senior

its happened to us 4 times now.
    Milo, puppy from the 1st litter came back at the age of 3 due to divorce and was fighting over him.
    the 2nd was Dougy,at the age of 10 months, again divorce.

3rd was Tink, we got her back at the age of 12 weeks (left at 8 weeks old btw). The man said she had hip-dysplacia, took her to our vet and had all checks and x-rays etc.....FOUL PLAY!!!!!!!!!

and Livy, at 9 months, due to family Illnesses

8. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

i'm in a dilema at the moment a 3 year old pup i bred is looking for a home with its lurcher friend ,the guy is insisting they are rehomed together :cursing:i can only offer to take the terrier back untill i find a suitable home ,the lurchers breeder has unfortunatly recently lost 3 of her oldies so is quite happy to take her pup back perminatly and has found someone looking for a compaion for there lurcher so would take the terrier ,so were praying the owner will agree to this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice