UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about pumpkins and how much is safe for rabbits... I don't mean quantity but is it all safe? Seeds included? Was gonna hollow 1 out for the girls but a small whole 1 might be fun....

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Im not sure either so will be good to find out. I dont think the seeds or gooey stuff should be eaten but dont know.

G

·
The whole of pumpkin is safe (seeds included) some rabbits love the skin :p

It is quite high in calories tho so it is best to be treated like carrots - occasional treat :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
The whole of pumpkin is safe (seeds included) some rabbits love the skin :p

It is quite high in calories tho so it is best to be treated like carrots - occasional treat :)
Brilliant!!! I'll get one for George if they're high in calories, it will help with his weight gain and be a bit different for him to try. Plus gies me an excuse to do some pumpkin carving this year even though we don't get trick or treaters around here. Besides I like making my own roasted pumpkin seeds, yummy.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Ah well, off to get pumpkins for carving soon anyway, guess they will be having one themselves :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.