UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not slating the breed i am just posting a pic that someone has just uploaded on facebook and they say it always like it...

now is it me or does this poor thing look wrong.... bless it

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
i saw a king charles spaniel wth its tongue hanging out like that and its owner said its got a condition which causes it to hangout all the time. i can't remember what the condition was called tho.:arf: Poor thing!

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
:frown: it is upsetting, some pugs i've met look lovely and I adore pug's personality but some pug's faces just look too flat, I think that's why i'm attracted to "puggles" (pug x beagle) because often they look like a longer nosed taller pug and sometimes with pug personality (I adore beagles also so is a great combo for me).

·
Banned
23,698 Posts
Definately looks wrong. i think it could be that either the muzzle is far too short, like most pugs really, or teeth missing. I can't believe people argue that's perfectly normal for a dog I hate the dogs with completely flat faces. Not all pugs, bulldogs, pekes etc have this of course but some do

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
His eyes look a bit gungy too. Personally iv never liked pugs and would never get one, I hear some people say 'oh look they are so cute' but I just don't see how people think they are cute. All I see is the fact he has no nose. :eek: Im not knocking anybody who owns or likes the breed its just personal preference for me. Give me your average mongeral any day. :D

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
His eyes look a bit gungy too. Personally iv never liked pugs and would never get one, I hear some people say 'oh look they are so cute' but I just don't see how people think they are cute. All I see is the fact he has no nose. :eek: Im not knocking anybody who owns or likes the breed its just personal preference for me. Give me your average mongeral any day. :D
I sort of agree, i would never ever have one. I dislike how they are so short nosed amongst other things too....But in a strange way they can be cute!

There are a few over here that can barely breathe :frown: they grunt and snort (on walks) most of the time, their eyes have been damaged and are gungy too, they can barely walk around the block, a couple (that i know) have issues with their spines.........and yes they are KC reg and about 3 or so are actually shown, and a lot i know have been bought from ''good'' Pug breeders (thought i would clear that up before i hear shouts of ''Puppy Farmer'' bought)

That poor little Pug does not look all that happy :frown:

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I adore pugs, i am a recent convert as i walk with a couple most weeks. They are fit, healthy and lovely little dogs. They have the biggest personalities and i would have one like that in a heartbeat.

Having done a bit of looking though it does just seem like a breed that it is virtually impossible to buy well as a novice which is such a shame.

The girlie i walk with had one litter a few years back and i would have definately had one had i known them then. The other one in the Duo is her son and he is a stunning example of the breed :) He looks like he could go up mountains (well at least a reasonable hil :p)

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
poss due to it being a brachycephalic breed, you really need to know what you're doing when breeding pugs x

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
:frown: it is upsetting, some pugs i've met look lovely and I adore pug's personality but some pug's faces just look too flat, I think that's why i'm attracted to "puggles" (pug x beagle) because often they look like a longer nosed taller pug and sometimes with pug personality (I adore beagles also so is a great combo for me).
I've finally realised what breed (well, cross) that the dog who lives by my work is!! I knew it had a pug like face! Its a "puggle"!

Sorry - random thought and I havent read the rest of the thread, that the pic of the pug the OP posted is just so sad :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.