Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Pug is 60 days pregnant, when have your dogs gone into labour?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Sonic12345, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Sonic12345

Sonic12345 PetForums Newbie

Hello, I'm new here.
    My pug is 60 days today we waited until shes old enough and had all health tests before this litter it will be her first and last!
    I have a mentor and also have researched so much in the last 6 months leading up to this!
    I've read mixed reviews on temp taking but have been taking it for the last 3/4 days it seems to be sitting around 37.8 it went up to 38 this morning which is the highest it's been and was 37.2 at lunchtime and then 37.8 so I'm not placing all my bets on tempting.
    Shes a very clingy dog anyway probably been over spoilt! And that hasnt changed, no restless behaviour no digging.
    Shes very very tired and I think shes pretty fed up now!
    I've been following her each time she goes outside and hasnt passed anything apart from a bit of clear discharge.
    Last night she started panting quite heavily around 10pm (although it was very warm yday) and I thought this is it made myself a coffee ready to be up for the night, her eyes looked glazed and I thought we would soon have pups however she settled down and went to sleep and today she has been fine!
    I'm so excited and have everything ready!
    What days did your pugs/dogs whelp?
    Thanks!

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Mine all on day 63.

Do you know how many pups she's carrying?

It doesn't sound as though labour is imminent for her.

3. Sonic12345

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply!

We had her scanned at 4 weeks and the vet said it was difficult to say for sure but he thought perhaps 2/3.. there is certainly a lot of movement!
    I did ask if we could have her rescanned at a later date to check everything is looking fine and for my girl to just have a general check over but when I took her back last week I saw a different vet who said there was no point scanning her again as they are not accurate.

Her milk has come through, and I'm checking her discharge to obviously make sure it's not any colours it should be.

I really hope things go smoothly for her but I have an emergency vets number on standby if need be.

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

She isn't carrying a large litter so may well go to term.

Often, the first sign you notice is that the bitch refuses to eat and sometimes vomits.

All sounds normal at the moment.

5. Sonic12345

Thanks!
    I'm not worried just keeping an watchful eye and I havent left her side all week, it will happen when it happens

I just love hearing other peoples whelping stories :) as I'm super excited.

Take care

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I did once have a whippet whelp on day 57 but she was a small whippet and had 10 pups so we were expecting them to arrive early although she gave no signs at all. One minute she was eating her tea then she turned round pushed and a pup was on the floor and it was her first and only litter. Other than her my bitches have always gone full term or being a day or 2 late.

I haven't bred a litter for nearly 3 years and have bred whippets and chihuahuas.

7. Sonic12345

Oh wow! That must of been quite a shock.

My dog seems to like to us on our toes we keep thinking something is happening only for her to just fall asleep!

Its amazing feeling all the puppies wriggling around

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Mine have all been day 63. You sometimes get the glazed look when pups are moving round a bit.

9. Sonic12345

61 days today and very sleepy, shes worked out shes most comfy sleeping on her back and I cant say I'm surpised!
    Not holding the scan to account that there is only 2 max 3 pups in there he said himself it's not accurate and it was only 4 weeks she had the scan.

I know pups will come when they are ready but it would be lovely if they made an appearance over the weekend whilst my partner is off work :)

Attached Files:

10. Sonic12345

Just another belly pic

Attached Files:

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

It wasn't really a shock although she hadn't been scanned we knew she was going to have a big litter as she was so big she had 10 puppies so we had expected her to have them early. The shock was in the fact that she showed no signs of being in labour she had been running round the garden playing with my other whippets then came into the living room to have a small meal of meat before bedtime and starting popping pups out. The panic then was getting the other dogs out and into the other room so she could have some peace and quiet. We were all set up and ready for her to give birth but were expecting them 1 or 2 days early not 6 days early

12. Sonic12345

I can imagine!
    Well we are on day 62 today and last night she started panting and scratching at her bed I stayed up with her but she soon settled!
    Today shes lost her appetite unless we are hand feeding her, I let her out this morning and followed her and I'm pretty sure she lost quite a bit of her plug.
    Today shes been very very tired and just wants to sit in her basket, I've been carrying her outside to relieve herself and normally everytime I move off the sofa she follows me... not today she has got up a few times to have a little dig on her bed and then settled back down.

Fingers crossed we have little healthy pups soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice