Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

pseudopregnancy

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by terrierist, Nov 3, 2012.

1. terrierist

terrierist PetForums Senior

My year old bitch had her first season end of August. She has had a pseudopregnancy and currently has milky boobies.

We were at the Vets last sunday, and she wanted to start Holly on medication to take back the milk.

My question is - does she need this intervention? I have never had a bitch at this stage before, having always neutered at 6months. I have nodesire to breed, and my lil girl will be spayed once she is fit to do so.

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

It really is a good idea if her teats are full. It can help prevent Mastitis which can be extremely painful for the bitch and can cause deformed teats

3. terrierist

terrierist PetForums Senior

Is it a case of any discharge, then medicate? I say she has milkyboobies, but in reality they are slightly swollen and a tiny globule of liquid can be squeezed out.

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

My last bitch had very light phantoms with just a show of milky liquid. She did have lumpy teats by the time she was about 8, they were cysts, not sure if caused by the phantoms.

I did nothing about hers but she had no swelling at all, just the milky discharge

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice