Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Proud of our wee Staffie...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shibby, Apr 15, 2011.

1. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

We took him to the beach today and he was off lead most of the time as there wasn't many dogs about. He met one on the beach on lead and then we decided to keep him off lead when another dog entered the beach from one of the dunes behind us (as a little test). It was pretty close and our little guy just looked at it, saw it wasn't interested and plodded on :D This dog was barking etc. for his ball and he still didn't get distracted by it. There was a Spaniel near us in the park the other day too and he was off lead and didn't go over. So I think we're making some progress! We'll keep practicing and building up the distractions...

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Well done to the both of you! :D

3. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Thats great......well done both of you xxx

4. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

well done to you both, mine was of lead today with a whippet puppy and 3 cocker spaniels for the first time...boy i was proud :D YAY US :D :D :D

5. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Thank you :) I'm really happy because he's going through adolescence and this was the main thing we had to deal with and this progress is really motivating...

I think I also made a little progress myself. On our way back we came across some gobby cow who shouted at her husband to get their dog on lead as 'he'd go for him' (meaning our little guy, who was on lead). She said some other things but I actually laughed it off, even though I felt like telling her how vulgar she was. They both met (to her disappointment, as hubby had hold of the lead) and both dogs were fine :001_tt2:

6. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

*High fives* :D

7. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Well done :D
    Sounds like his making great progress

8. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Cheers! It was after a rather long car journey too, I got us lost :rolleyes: :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice