Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Proud of my 15 year old ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PembrokeMadhouse, May 29, 2010.

1. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

My dear daughter starts her first job today - aged 15 - 3 and a half hours working in an ice cream parlour ... Never thought I would see the day of her growing up .... mind you she's asking me for money up front and "she will pay me back" - I am sticking to my guns and saying no. That is tantamount to debt. I also want her to give me £1 in every £10 she earns for "electric and stuff" as I think it is important she realises bills have to be paid .. that is a touchy subject at the moment ... but will work on it! I will put the money away for her, for a later date tho, but won't tell her that!

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

thats an excellent idea!

3. PembrokeMadhouse

Yeah - I do too - I just need to get her to see that it is ... I have learned a lot about money over the years and do not want her to go down the same road!!!

C x

4. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Great idea, and i agree with you about not lending her money.Its never a good idea.You could put the money she gives you aside for when she wants to start driving lessons.Which no doubt she will.:D:D

5. PembrokeMadhouse

That's scary - a 17 year old seriously blond teenager learning to drive!!! Help!
    Seriously though she will learn to drive, if it kills me - it's the best thing I ever did, gave me independence ...
    C !

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Another milestone! - :D Wondering what happened to your babies and the next thing you know, there's another sat on your lap calling you Grandma :D:D:eek: (not for a while hopefully but doesnt it fly by?)

Totally agree on the money front. Being too nice doesnt give them any idea of responsibility and she will thank yo for it in the longrun.

Wonder if you will get to taste the fruits of her labour :lol::thumbup:

7. PembrokeMadhouse

Oh yes I will taste them probably not today, she has antoher shift Monday ... I was telling all her friends to get all their friends and to go down there - Lou told me off for embarrassing her! nothing like stress in the job eh! Tee hee ... I hope they don't though cos it will knock her confidence.

I sincerely hope the little one sitting on my knee doesn't come too soon! She has to get a boyfriend first! lol!

C x

8. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Well done to your daughter :) it gives loads of confidence having a job... My 16 year old has worked since he was 13, in a pub, cleaning first off, then he was shopping and restocking, now he's older he prepares the veg and salads, waits on at lunch and dinner times and he collects glasses on busy nights, Which he loves when it's a Tribal Jam night - Tribal Jam is a night of heavy metal from local rock bands - he gets to watch for free and he gets paid for it lol

It's leart him a lot about money, and he's very sensible with his money... He has his own bank account with a debit card and has started saving.

He's still not sure what he wants to do, he's interested in being an engineer in RAF :) so we shall see

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice