Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

ProPlan puppy food... any good?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by harmeetjohal, Aug 10, 2009.

1. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

hi all
    my 10 month old leonberger is currently on Wainwrights but have seen an offer on ProPlan Complete Puppy Food with Chicken & Rice 3kg for £8.... is ProPlan any better?

thanks

#1 harmeetjohal, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

If he's doing well on the Wainwrights, I'd be very tempted to leave things as they are, plus 3kg isn't going to last him long is it ?

3. harmeetjohal

was going to get him a few bags, the thing with the large bag is that it doesnt stay fresh...

4. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I attach clips around the top of 15kg bags of food, never had a problem with it not staying fresh..

I've never tried Pro Plan, but I know Beta do a large puppy mix and it's a good quality feed.

5. harmeetjohal

i was told to stay away from Beta?
    was told ProPlan and Science plan are the best then Wainwrights and james welbeloved then your Beta and stuff....

6. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I've reared puppies on Beta Large Puppy, they all did extremely well. I suppose it's just a matter of choice and what you believe to be the best.

7. harmeetjohal

has anyone used ProPlan?

8. Gil3987

Gil3987 PetForums Senior

Yeh we put our akita puppy on this when we fist got him and he was on this til he was 6 months and thwn we put him on to wainwrights, both are really good foods he done rally well on the proplan stuff to start with. but to be honest i couldnt pick one from the two, we pnly changed as a money thing coz the wainwrights is cheaper.

9. harmeetjohal

i went for science plan in the end.... he seems to love it...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice