Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

proof that dogs know when they have been naughty

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Apr 13, 2011.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

:lol: :lol:

OH was dropping me and Dixie to agility this evening, my son had left his plate on his wee table. It had a slice of bread and some spaghetti hoops left on it.

I didn't bother shutting Dave in the kitchen because he just sleeps when we are away, and I'd forgotten to buy him a piggie for when he was in on his own so I left the plate there knowing he would eat it.

I told OH that I had left the plate there, and that Dave had been stood with his feet on the table and looked at me out the window.

But when OH got home he said Dave shot into the kitchen and hid in his bed as soon as he come in the front door (he had looked in the window at Dave sleeping, not looking even in the direction of the window so could not have seen OH looking at him)

Dave knew he is not normally allowed to eat off a plate unless we put it on the floor, and he come out of the kitchen all sheepish until my OH said he was OK :) Lol

Now I know that dogs aren't supposed to be able to think logically, and they don't remember what they done 10 mins ago or the don't know right from wrong.
    So why did Dave act like he did? There was no way he could have got 'cross' vibes off my OH cause he was totaly OK with him eating that.

2. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

hehe I think dogs know well when they have been naughty, dave defo knew how to pretend he had done nothing wrong ha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice