Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Prolonged Vomiting

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by IndysMamma, Apr 25, 2011.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

Hi

just a quick query really as I'm a bit worried

Gypsy has been throwing up since yesterday afternoon - she has no temp and is bright/active/her normal self.

I palpated her stomach as we've been shown at college and no sign of hard lumps or discomfort/pain from her (any discomfort she rips your arm off)

Last night she only had a teaspoon of wet food to stop her stealing other food off the others as they ate and she kept that down but this morning she's throwing up water and bile so tummy still not right... but still bright eyed, coat is good, temp fine.

Do you think I'm ok to leave her til tomorrow for vets and just starve her for rest of morning/try some chicken this afternoon?

Obviously if she goes 'odd' in herself I'd be ringing vets regardless of bank holiday but I don't want to panic over a semi minor upset tum?

2. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

Probably a silly suggestion, but could it be heatstroke? Or something heat related ... ?

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

yesterday was pretty cool and everyone is indoor only *shrug* I suppose she *could* have bundled herself up somewhere and overheated as she is the only semi-longhaired one

am gonna give her a bath and thorough groom see if warm water helps her tum and to strip out her coat - in case it's a hairball thing - she gets regular oil treats

also worming, we've had a puppy round several times over the last month and I've been gardening - it only occured to me yesterday both are excellent ways for me to infect the cats *sigh* with them being indoor only I have only wormed them on a 3 monthly basis since losing my dog.

4. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Just read thread, hope hes a bit better, keep us posted xxx

5. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

The watery bile you describe is most likely stomach acid which forms on an empty stomach.

Think you plan about keeping an eye on her is a good one! Meanwhile I would feed her something bland like chicken.

Hopefully she makes a quick recovery!

6. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

how many times has she been sick. If it's several times since yesterday I'd at least ring the vets.

7. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Think you are doing all the right things...keeping a close eye on her...hope she is better soon...maybe you could could give the vets a bell.....mine know me very well...always on the bloody phone to them :eek: :rolleyes:

xx

8. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

she's been sick a total 5 times, called the vet up (she prob curses the fact I have her home number lol... have known her since I was 5) and she said only bring her in if I feel really worried

problem is I tend to worry over nothing

just about to pop out to shop and get some oily fish - vet said to give Gypsy tuna in veg oil or sardines in oil to give her a 'clean out' and check poop for signs of visitors - and make sure no blockages causing probs. Am popping her in the large dog crate so I can see just how much *she* is drinking and using tray and will be calling vet out if temp starts to go up or she starts acting weird

9. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

nothing wrong with worrying too much ;)

keep us posted xx

10. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

well the little madam is fine, no vomiting for ages

and we found the culprit - my sis in law's puppy has been around a lot - found some of his kibble spilled behind/under the sofa (split bag)

Loki pounced on it and ate some - and minutes later vomited everywhere *ick*

rang them up and it's Bakers puppy food (not even a decent brand *sigh*) and I think it's the cereal making the cats throw up, I have them on a strict low grain diet (only maize in their kibble, less than 20%) and they get kibble for 1 meal a day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice