Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Progress :)

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Riverwish, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Hooray, tonight they managed to play in the same space, not quite together but they were both a lot more relaxed.

Ok so it may have taken some bribery, a zillion toys, lots of fuss and a bag of catnip :p hopefully they will be best buddies in no time

[​IMG]

2. Gemmie

Gemmie PetForums Junior

Ahh thats good :) How long u had them for? :)

3. Riverwish

Have had Aber since April, have only had Oscar since Saturday so they're doing really well :)

We didn't have any spitting/snarling etc so we decided to let them meet a bit earlier than planned, they're very aware of each other but seem to be happy enough.

Oscar has settled in really well, you'd think he's been here for years ;)

4. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

:) that is fantastic news. i bet they are buddies when your not lookin and then as soon as you turn your head they back off, jst to get those toys and catnip lol

5. Viki

Viki PetForums Senior

How did you let them first meet? we got a new cat on sunday and have had our other one for years! I'm hoping they get on as they have not met yet keep letting them have different runs of the house. Will let them meet tonight i think now they have got used to eachothers scent. glad it went ok for you : )

6. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Well that's great progress i would say Well Done ! :thumbup: give it a little while longer and they will be best of friends ! ;) x

7. Riverwish

We opened the door to Oscars room and wedged my bass guitar behind it so neither could get in or out, then I put a dish of food either side of the door, they were a bit wary at first but the food was too good to resist :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice