Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Programme 40? Flea injections

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by PedigreeLover, Jan 13, 2019.

1. PedigreeLover

PedigreeLover PetForums Newbie

hi I’ve recently discovered my cat has fleas but I’ve heard about an injection which you give them every 6months? I read that it kills the eggs but I want to remove the fleas first and then get my cat the injection it’ll just make life easier but I’m unsure where to find a vet/PDSA that does it ??

2. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

A lot of practices gave up on Program injections; not killing adult fleas can be a significant limitation in preventing cats from picking up fleas. You will just have to ring round practices in your area and see if any stock it.

You will need to use an effective adulticide - for example a spot-on such as Advantage - and treat your house with an effective spray such as RIP Fleas. Flea bombs, powders and collars do not work.

1CatOverTheLine likes this.
  3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

iCatCare advise against flea bombs as they don't penetrate the nooks & crannies the larvae crawl into. RIP Fleas is good, so is Indorex and Acclaim, and the RIP Fleas website is excellent. Frontline is no longer effective in some parts of the country hence using Advantage, and if you have other furry pets they need treating as well. Make sure if you have rabbits you use a suitable treatment.

http://www.ripfleas.co.uk/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice