UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

today i had a new foster doggy brought to me. she is 6months and a mastiff x ambull. well behaved good with other dogs kids and cats.

like my last foster ozzy she is only here for a few days while she recovers from her spay.

when she was brought her she was very upset and scared which i was prepared for. she has cried alot since but has also slept.

the problem i have is she wont go in the garden even with a lead on i had to pick her up to take her out then she just pulled to get back in.

the other problem is she has been sick alot. first it was what ever ws in her belly now its just liquid. shes been sick at least 8 times in the last 4 hours.

what can i do about the fear? also is she sick because she is afraid?

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
hi all

today i had a new foster doggy brought to me. she is 6months and a mastiff x ambull. well behaved good with other dogs kids and cats.

like my last foster ozzy she is only here for a few days while she recovers from her spay.

when she was brought her she was very upset and scared which i was prepared for. she has cried alot since but has also slept.

the problem i have is she wont go in the garden even with a lead on i had to pick her up to take her out then she just pulled to get back in.

the other problem is she has been sick alot. first it was what ever ws in her belly now its just liquid. shes been sick at least 8 times in the last 4 hours.

what can i do about the fear? also is she sick because she is afraid?
Was she spayed today? If she was and has been drinking quickly and in huge amounts that can sometimes really make them sick soon after anaesthetic, often they are thirsty so can gulp. Little and often is better.
Some dogs like people too take anaesthetic better then others.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was she spayed today? If she was and has been drinking quickly and in huge amounts that can sometimes really make them sick soon after anaesthetic, often they are thirsty so can gulp. Little and often is better.
Some dogs like people too take anaesthetic better then others.
yeah lexi has problems with anaesthetic which is why she isnt spayed yet.

she was spayed 3 days ago but the rescue dont rehome for at least 5 days after. she wasnt doing to well in the kennels so they asked if i could take her so she get used to being in a home again.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
yeah lexi has problems with anaesthetic which is why she isnt spayed yet.

she was spayed 3 days ago but the rescue dont rehome for at least 5 days after. she wasnt doing to well in the kennels so they asked if i could take her so she get used to being in a home again.
She should be well recovered from the aneasthetic by now then, so the sickness shouldnt really be anything to do with that. Ive had one of mine with sickness the same evening but by 24/48 hours she was fine again.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shes fast asleep now :)

think it may just be fear :( shes scared of load noises wont go in the garden she was looking out the window earlier i was stroking her, moved my hand to rub her head and she jumped :( all four paws in the air and then hid in the corner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.