Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Problem with male tomboy cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

Hi

I have a male unnuetured cat who is around 3yrs old. He will be fixed next month but right now were having a issue. I have had him since christmas but for the past few weeks hes been peeing on everything that he gets on, blankets,beds,papers,carpet, sofa.

Now I live with my mom and brother who are starting to getting mad that everything needs to be washed constantly :(

Now i have boughten these fur wipes to help reduce the odur he has on his fur. I cant really brush him with out him turning on the comb. Him and my other cats are fed Purina indoor cat chow as well as friskies wet food (seafood). There given the wet food twice a day two scoops each time. Also there are bowls of water around the house that they drink from. I ve also recently got two more litterboxs, four in total. Three in the house and one in the garage (he sleeps in the garage at night).

I cant really think of anything that could have changed to make him start peeing everywhere and i know hes not spraying cuz he sits and pees.

Someone mentioned to me that he could have crystals??

Ive made him an appointment to be fixed but im gonna call tommarow and see if i can have it changed to a regular cat check up to make sure it isnt something serouis. But im really at my witts end about what to do :cursing:

2. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Sorry but thats what unneutered males do, mark their territory with stinky wee (not all entire cats stink but some can be awful), its natural behaviour and why most people neuter their boys before they get to that stage. Once neutered he will probably stop, but you may find it becomes a habit and he doesn't, although it will eventually remove some of the smell from his wee.

3. Miss.PuddyCat

We had one male cat when i was younger but he was already fixed when we got him. He has sprayed in the past but its only been the last few weeks that he has started peeing on everything so im wondering if its something else

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

It sounds like he is marking his territory which un-neutred toms will do - but sometimes it may be an underlying issue - I would get him checked out with your vet just to be on the safe side.:D

5. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

It could be there is a unspayed female in call somewhere or another entire male is marking his territory near by. I think you are very lucky to have had him for 3 yrs without him spraying.

Personally I would bring forward his neutering date, but just mention your concerns about possible stone etc, he can be xrayed etc whilst under for his op.

6. Miss.PuddyCat

Im going to try and rearrange it for next week as i need a ride to and from the vets as i dont drive. And he isnt the best car buddy to drive with :eek:

I really really hope we can sort it out as next yr im moving in with my bf and hes already told me he doesnt wanna cat that goes pee everywhere doing it on his stuff.

There are tons of cats outside our place and a few of them wind him up and he goes nutts (attacks my other cats or the window where he sees the cat outside) he will also try and chow down on his food as if he thinks there gonna come and eat it.

7. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Is he an indoor cat?

Liz

8. Miss.PuddyCat

Yeh i keep all my cats inside, I have two and my mom has an older cat. Were not allowed outdoor cats were we lives its one of the rules. Plus we live right by a busy highway.

9. poshmog

poshmog PetForums Member

The thing is ,being inside he is marking his territory as he would ,say ,if you had a garden,you probably find he does it when hes seen other cats.
    The only thing can suggest ,other than the "snip" is washing the areas with a biological washing powder then when dry ,wipe over area with surgical spirits.
    Hopefully this will deter him a bit.:)

10. Miss.PuddyCat

Thanks for all the replies :)

I phoned the vet to change his appoinment for just a regular check up and i explained to her what was happening. So when we take him in (his names horris) there going to run tests to make sure he doesnt have a bladder infection etc. I also explained the problem were having with his food. When ever he sees another cat outside the windows he goes nuts and sometime ends up attacking my other cat (decker) and my moms old cat (kira) which turns into a fur flying mess. Also when this happens he races to the food bowel and downs all the crunchies in one go :eek:ut:

At his last appoinment i was told he was a tad bit over wieght so were gonna talk about how to manage his food intake cuz all i can do at the moment is just take the bowel away.

Im thinking on starting them on just an all wet/raw diet :idea:

but im not sure how to get started :confused:

any advice on that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice