Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

problem fence

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jessiegirl, Jun 24, 2009.

1. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

this is my fence, i know its abit crap but was all i could afford =/
    my JR has now discovered she can get under it and get into next doors garden. its just held up with nails against some wooden posts that are in the ground. . i know i need something better than this to stop her getting in to next doors. i cant really afford to build a brick wall plus im only renting. anyone got any ideas??? :)

[​IMG]

2. zanussi

zanussi PetForums Member

don't know what to suggest other than asking your landlord to sort it for you. It may even be the neighbour's responsibilty and your landlord could ask for them to do it.

3. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Jack russells are well known for their climbing and jumping abilities. You need something smooth and around 6 ft tall to keep a jrt in.

You could try digging a small trench along the base of the fence and getting some more mesh roll. Lay the mesh along the bottom of the fence in the trench. Get some mesh clips or even cable ties and attach the ground mesh to the upright mesh. Then put the earth back over the mesh in the ground.

Have you thought about getting a long line for your dog, so he can still run about but can't escape.

#3 Lavenderb, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  4. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Hammer tent pegs,stakes into fence and ground to secure

5. rona

rona Guest

6. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

thanks for replies! yeah i was thinking of something simular , attaching more mesh to the bottom then instead of digging a trench , buy a few bricks and hold it down with them =/ maybe it'll work ,im crap at DIY lol

7. rona

rona Guest

Unless you bury it, I would be worried about little toes get trapped in the mesh.
    I've seen it happen several times, it's not nice :(

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When I had my ex's jrt I was renting a house that had a not so good fence between gardens, and he could just walk under the fence.
    I went to pound land and bought white wire edging things and put them all around the fence!

At my ex's house we had to get some chicken wire, attach it to the bottom of the fence and use some tent pegs to stick it to the ground. There was a flower bed here so we just dug up a load of the soil then put it back on top. Also had to add an angled bit at the top to stop him jumping over.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice